MZ RH1-Recording

Rate this topic

Vena

Welcome! What exactly are you trying to record? If it's any sort of 'live' recording (music performance, voice, nature sounds etc) you almost certainly will need a microphone. The 'plug-in-power' type is the most usual for MD, and a decent one can be picked up quite cheaply (eg. you can try Maplins or similar if you're in the UK).

If it's recording from an external player like a CD, tape, radio etc. you can use a stereo (analogue) cable or optical digital cable if your source has an optical output. You can also transfer audio files from a PC (or Mac) via USB link using Sonicstage software.

But we'll need more information about what you're trying to record first.

• 4 years later...

Hay! lucky you RH1 owner!

I daily use my RH910 by recording from my phone / radio either or using good quality 3.5 to 3.5 cable. try getting the shortest 3.5mm cable you can find. i notice the shorter the better sound quality wise.

If your hifi system are posh enough it might even sports a TOSLink Port, then u can use optical cable to record the stuff ( which is awesome in terms of SQ)

I used regular minidisc, and set recording at HiSP it gave me roughly 2 hours. which i rarely use em all. at most 1 hour worth of record.

Dont worry about track splitting, the unit does it for u automatically, and if it doesnt split the songs as u like em, u can always edit them later, directly on your unit with out needing to use a PC.

Later if u find the song u want to keep, just make sure it was split the right way, then delete all the unwanted tracks, after a while u will end up with a disc almost full with your fav tunes, that is when u connect it to the PC, download it to your PC, re arrange them, then burn them back to a disc, label them and put in your shelfs or do what ever you wish with them. then pop a fresh blank to your player, wash, rinse n repeat :) 

Welcome to the MD recording club :)