Please Explain The Drm Limitations

Rate this topic

maaszy

Hi

I'm looking at the HiMD format as an alternative to MP3 players because the recording function is also useful to me. I have a number of MP3s on my PC from various sources. Will I be able to load these on to HiMD with no restriction? I realise they will get converted to ATRAC during the download to MD. I presume the original MP3 file is unaffected. Also, can someone explain the limitation for uploading recorded audio to PC. Can you only do it once? Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

Maaszy

Edited by maaszy

The DRM limitations mean:

- If you rip a CD into ATRAC3 (OpenMG) files using SonicStage, you can only listen to or transfer the files from the computer they were ripped with.

- The same for MP3: If you convert an MP3 file to ATRAC3 or OpenMG using SonicStage, you can only listen or transfer that ATRAC3 (openMG) file on the computer where the original MP3 was converted. Your MP3 file will be unaffected.

- AFAIK, You can upload any recordings that you made in real time (ie with a MIC, etc.) from your unit to any PC.

- Once uploaded, you can use MarCs renderer or Sony's conversion tool to convert the uploaded OpenMG file to a WAV. If you use Sony's tool, you can only convert tracks that were recording using an ANALOG input.

yes... the first time i used sonicstage I also thoght: "well this isn't that bad". After using it a few times i have to say "it could be better"... after crashing a few times i have to say: "damn! this is the worst piece of software that i've ever seen".

We'll have to live with it... so get used to it laugh.gif