Email Notification

indeego

when I activate "Enable 'Email Notification' by default?" with the option "immediate email notification" it doesnt remember my settings and still asks me everytime I track a topic how I want to be informed .. there are currently 4 cookies and cookies for this forum are enabled - any hints?

and another question:

some old links doesnt work anymore .. for example in this thread: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=7404

will this be fixed ?

Try clicking the Delete cookies set by this board on the index and starting anew.

The old links issue will have to be manually corrected as the forum has been converted to a completely different format. This will be a slightly tedious issue, but as you can see for yourself the only change in the URL structure is:

OLD:

viewtopic.php?t=7342

NEW:

index.php?showtopic=7342

So, feel free to report dead links when you [or anyone else] comes across them and we shall fix.

Another member has reported this error and Invision Power Board is assisting me with the issue . I will keep you informed, and I thank you for patience whilst we move into this new forum system.

btw, after they help me with another issue I'm having, we'll have mutli language support so you and Jadeclaw can have things in your native Language. wink.gif

Another member has reported this error and Invision Power Board is assisting me with the issue . I will keep you informed, and I thank you for patience whilst we move into this new forum system.
no problem .. this isnt a big thing so dont be in a hurry .. .. I hardly can imagine how much work you´ve got with this transition wink.gif

btw, after they help me with another issue I'm having, we'll have mutli language support so you and Jadeclaw can have things in your native Language. wink.gif
this is great, thank you biggrin.gif so I can write in german and the forum translates for me? ... just joking tongue.gif Edited by indeego

no problem .. this isnt a big thing so dont be in a hurry .. .. I hardly can imagine how much work you´ve got with this transition  wink.gif

this is great, thank you  biggrin.gif so I can write in german and the forum translates for me? ...  just joking  tongue.gif

It's a bit of work, but not anything overwhelming. What we're [the webmaster and I] really impressed with the most is how much lower a hit on the SQL side of things this system is compared to phpBB; when we hit 320 users at the same time the other day there was little slowdown in the response time of the forum - the scaleability just blows my mind. There's still a million things I need to do with the forums asthetics and the configuration, however, but I'm not regretful about this move, in fact, I wish I'd done it sooner.

Re: German; I think the interface will be as such, not the posts. But that should be nice regardless, no? I think there are mods that will translate posts, but you've got a great German forum, no need for me to step in your territory.

p.s. "Subscription auto pruning is switched off at present" is not an option I can turn off and on in the Admin CP. Weird, eh? I dunno what's up with that, just a weird quirk.

Re: German; I think the interface will be as such, not the posts. But that should be nice regardless, no?

yes of course!

I think there are mods that will translate posts, but you've got a great German forum, no need for me to step in your territory.
thanks .. no, I dont really need these mods .. wink.gif

p.s. "Subscription auto pruning is switched off at present" is not an option I can turn off and on in the Admin CP. Weird, eh? I dunno what's up with that, just a weird quirk.
hm, I just checked back, the text isnt there anymore .. dry.gif but I found out, that when I klick the "option"-button in a thread to watch the thread everything works fine .. just the "track this topic"-link doesnt work .. mellow.gif

and I have two suggestions rolleyes.gif

correct me if I am wrong, but when I now watch a topic I have to go to the "my controls"-panel to stop watching .. is it possible (like in phpbb) to change the link form "track this topic" to "dont track topic anymore" to stop watching ? ..

and is it possible to include the title of the topic you´re watching in the subscription-email-subject? would be usefull ...

thanks in advance wink.gif

"Subscription auto pruning is switched off at present"

Has been fixed and set for five days.

is it possible (like in phpbb) to change the link form "track this topic" to "dont track topic anymore" to stop watching ? ..

Unfortunately, no. But it takes under 20 secs to change it in your Control Panel. wink.gif

and is it possible to include the title of the topic you´re watching in the subscription-email-subject? would be usefull ...

Unfortunately, no. [is there an echo in here? tongue.gif] But, you can go to your control panel, click on Email Settings, and then check "Include a copy of the post when emailing me from a subscribed topic". It will feature the name of the topic in the e-mail and also the reply that triggered it.

kurisu, have you been able to find out how we know which of our Subscribed topics have had a new posts to it, if we haven’t asked for en e-mail notification? Like have the orange/white little box next to it?

Is it just me, or do other people find it annoying that when you do go to Subscribed topics, there isn’t like the old boards had, a little image next to the threads that had had new posts to them?