Sonicstage 2.3

Rate this topic

jprx

Ok, new to the community but yet another SS2.3 question. My rig is a Shuttle XPC P4 3.0Ghz HT with a Prescott chip, running Xp Sp1. I currently use OpenMG 2.2 with the appropriate Hotfix and have already backed up via OpenMG back up tool and checked in all music. Due to the incompatibility of my Prescott and Sp2, I cannot update to Sp2(been there and it was nasty).

Will SS2.3 still work using Sp1? Are there any additional steps to be taken other than those in the NetMD FAQ's? I have not had any problems using Opmg2.2 ever, but I hate the limited check outs and am planning on purchasing a Hi-MD unit...hence the need to update to SS2.3

Will the update through Sony Connect be better in my situation or a full install from the NetMD FAQ section?

Thanks for your time!

Ok, new to the community but yet another SS2.3 question. My rig is a Shuttle XPC P4 3.0Ghz HT with a Prescott chip, running Xp Sp1. I currently use OpenMG 2.2 with the appropriate Hotfix and have already backed up via OpenMG back up tool and checked in all music. Due to the incompatibility of my Prescott and Sp2, I cannot update to Sp2(been there and it was nasty).

Will SS2.3 still work using Sp1? Are there any additional steps to be taken other than those in the NetMD FAQ's? I have not had any problems using Opmg2.2 ever, but I hate the limited check outs and am planning on purchasing a Hi-MD unit...hence the need to update to SS2.3

Will the update through Sony Connect be better in my situation or a full install from the NetMD FAQ section?

Thanks for your time!

Sonicstage 2.3 should work with SP1 as long as you've got the Windows hotfix for fixing the OpenMG problem. This hotfix equally applies to Sonicstage as it does to OpenMG Jukebox.

It may be a good idea to get rid of OpenMG Jukebox totally before installing Sonicstage because OpenMG Jukebox leaves remnants that interferes with the Sonicstage installation and (from my experience anyway) prevents Sonicstage from working even if you do the upgrade.

If you can't find a full installation for SS 2.3 then try to find 2.1 then upgrade to 2.3 from there, I found this a more painless upgrade path.

Edited by RichM