Son106

Rate this topic

jkrobs

Hi there, Im new to this Forum...Sorry to bother you, Basically Im not really sure where to have posted this, Well I have a mini disk Sony MZ R909, anybody know it? It's lovely mini disk and Ive really looked after it...Ive had it around 4 years now..you see the main player is in excellent condition, but lately the controller which was supplied with it has stopped working..eevrytime I turn the volume up it changes track and so on..also the clip broke which attaches to my shirt pocket or trouser pocket...Well I sent an email to Sony for spare parts and there told me that the only controller which is conpatible with my Player is the SON106 and it's £36.20 , before I was gonna buy it I wanted to see a picture of it...I asked the guy but he sayed there don't have pics of it...I told him that the part number for my orginal controller was...I think it was RM-MCE11L something like that..anyway he told me SON106 is the same..just diferent number...it's been 4 years now..so I guess there changed the part number..but anyway basically what I wanna ask is does anybody know this controller? have a picture of it? I was also wondering do you think the controller SON106 is gona be slightly better than my orginal one? Or just eh same? becouse I was thinking maybe Sony stopped making the one I had..maybe there changed the design of it? Sorry to confuse you..Im really confused now and not sure if to buy or not? the guy did not really seem to have a clue what it looked like...he was also trying to sell me a belt clip??? god knows why? Please please help me! thank you

yours sincerely, Jimmy

Hi I was thinkign to post the email which the guy sent me about the SON106 Controller...to be honest with you the ending of the emai makes no sence to me..Here goes!

DEAR JIMMY

PART NUMBER SON106 IS THE SAME PART AS PART NUMBER RM-MC11EL THIS IS

THE SAME AS YOUR ORGINAL REMOTE THE COST OF THIS REMOTE IS 36.99 INC

OF CARRAGE AND VAT AS FOR THE BELT CLIP I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE CLIP

WHICH YOU WERE REEFERING TO. I AM UNABLE TO SEND YOU A PHOTO OF THIS

REMOT

E AS THESE ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO US, BUT AS I HAVE SAID SON106 IS THE

SAME

AS THE REMOTE YOU HAVE, AS FOR PART NUMBERMZ R909 OUR SYSTEM IS SAYING

THAT IT IS NOT COMPATABLE WITH YOUR REMOTE I HOPE THIS SOLVES YOUR

ENQUIRY

MANY THANKS DAWN

Part number MZ R909 that's my mini disk...what does he mean by it's not comaptible with the remote??? Im so confused..How can it not be comaptible...Ive used the controller for the last 4 years! Anyway £36.99 Sounds a lot of money..I was thinking maybe I could buy that remote which came with the nz10 mini disk player...it's kind of the same as my orginal controller..but it's made of some metal and not plastic...anyway Im not sure what to do..becouse the guy cannot send me a picture of the SON106..Im a little bit suspicious if to buy or not? what do you think guys? thanks for your help...maybe I should try and repair my controler..save some money haha! bye guys!