Problem: VAIO Pocket keeps Crashing

Rate this question

Richard_p

Question

Recently my 40Gb Vaio has had a bad habbit of crashing, :ol_cry: it seems to be every time it is 'squeezed' in a certain way such as in my pocket or bag, i've hit the reset button countless time over the last few days and am getting tired.

Anyone have any idea of the cause/solution?

6 answers to this question

Recently my 40Gb Vaio has had a bad habbit of crashing,  :ol_cry: it seems to be every time it is 'squeezed' in a certain way such as in my pocket or bag, i've hit the reset button countless time over the last few days and am getting tired.

Anyone have any idea of the cause/solution?

This is not a common issue. Possible remedy: try taking its battery out and putting it back. Report back if the problem still persists.

i heard of this kind of problem... i think other people's Pocket has crashed because the player tried playing a corrupt file, or at least a file that is not perfect.... seem like the Pocket is quite sensitive.... so you might try noting down which song it crash at and get a new copy of that song.... or just take it out all together.... hopefully, that will solve your problem....

i heard of this kind of problem... i think other people's Pocket has crashed because the player tried playing a corrupt file, or at least a file that is not perfect.... seem like the Pocket is quite sensitive.... so you might try noting down which song it crash at and get a new copy of that song.... or just take it out all together.... hopefully, that will solve your problem....

that happened to me too. i was attepting to listen to an audiobook encoded in mp3pro [which imo is a scam] that reduces audio size by halving the sample rate down to 22khz. the pocket & sonicstage see it as a standard mp3 but attempting playback on the pocket causes a [pocket] crash.

It's definetley not ralated to whatever track is playing. Just seems to be whenever it is squeezed in the right way,(such as being in a pocket).

After spending most of the afternoon re-formatyting the HD and putting all songs back on i can conclude that it has also had no effect, the problem persists.

Thinking of phonig sony but i'm unsure as to where i stand when it comes to the warranty, i've only had the player for about 2 month but it was an eBay purchase of a new American unit and i'm livign in the UK, Also when checking the battery i couldn't resist sliding the back of it to reveal the hard drive. :ol_rolleyes: