Simple Question

Rate this topic

pablito

If you check out cnet.com's review of the rh10, the latest user commentary complains about the transfer time of music onto the media.

(By the way, he has some pretty scathing criticisms of the whole format which would be worth addresssing here. Here's the link: http://reviews.cnet.com/4864-6490_7-312994...655&ctype=msgid)

Now, I thought one of the selling points of the hi-md was the rapidity with which you can transfer music. I believe Sony was saying that you can transfer a CD in 40 seconds.

Since I don't have any ATRAC files on my computer, I would be starting from scratch. How long will it take me between the time I put a music CD in the cd-rom and the time that the contents of the disk are fully transferred to the hi-md disk? Thank you.

If you check out cnet.com's review of the rh10, the latest user commentary complains about the transfer time of music onto the media. 

(By the way, he has some pretty scathing criticisms of the whole format which would be worth addresssing here.  Here's the link:  http://reviews.cnet.com/4864-6490_7-312994...655&ctype=msgid

Now, I thought one of the selling points of the hi-md was the rapidity with which you can transfer music.  I believe Sony was saying that you can transfer a CD in 40 seconds.

Since I don't have any ATRAC files on my computer, I would be starting from scratch.  How long will it take me between the time I put a music CD in the cd-rom and the time that the contents of the disk are fully transferred to the hi-md disk?  Thank you.

A full 70 -80 min cd takes about 3 mins at lp2 for me. The faster your computer the better(it has to encode the music) and the lower the bitrate the faster (less data). This is very fast compared with real time sp tongue.gif

I need to test it with Sonicstage 3.1, but using Sonicstage 3.0 I was able to insert a cd in my drive, transfer it to my library, encode it in Hi-SP and transfer it to my NH900 in about four and a half minutes. The majority of the time was encoding the tracks into Hi-SP; I've heard it's faster with Sonicstage 3.1.

I need to test it with Sonicstage 3.1, but using Sonicstage 3.0 I was able to insert a cd in my drive, transfer it to my library, encode it in Hi-SP and transfer it to my NH900 in about four and a half minutes. The majority of the time was encoding the tracks into Hi-SP; I've heard it's faster with Sonicstage 3.1.

that's quicker than itunes @192.

maybe i should go to tboard & try & tell nuworld that... & get banned.