Sonic Stage 3.0 Or 3.1

Rate this topic

craigw

I'm willing to give this another try. Taking into consideration all the problems I'm having getting anything to run, should I be attempting to install SS 3.0 or 3.1? Is 3.1 for US users?

Craig

You should go ahead and install SonicStage 3.1. Presently, all version of SonicStage 3.1 is online except for the European version.

Go to the following thread and choose the SonicStage 3.1 version you desire.

OK . After 11 days of trying I now have something that seems to be working. Whew! Now do I have to download Simple Burner 2.0 also? or is it part of Sonic Stage and I'm just not finding it?

Beginning to feel better,

Craig

Glad to hear that it finally works for you.

Simple Burner 2.0 is optional and it is not included with the current installer. You do not really need to use Simple Burner 2.0 since the improved SonicStage 3.1 is pretty efficient. It's up to you though. Officially, Simple Burner is bundled with the original SonicStage CD-ROM that ships with its respective HiMD unit.

However, you can certainly download a standalone Simple Burner 2.0 within the download section of this forum. click here. Just a note of interest, Simple Burner 2.0 will not work with SonicStage running simultaneously. You will need to exit SonicStage prior to using Simple Burner 2.0.

European SS 3.1 is online. Check (french language) :

http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/SonicStage/SS31.asp?l=fr

That's brilliant! So, all languages (English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian) of SonicStage 3.1 Europe version is now available for download.

According to kurisu, MDCF will release its own version of SonicStage 3.1 today. biggrin.gif

Hi All,

I should soon become the proud owner of a Sony MZ-N520 Net MD recorder (courtesy of Amzon.co.uk).

I know this model starts smelling a bit stale, but the price was really attractive ohmy.gif , so I went for it.

Anyway, I read on the user's manual posted on the web that this model comes with SonicStage vers. 1.5. Browsing this forum, it is clear that a few versions have been released since this unit was laaunched, and that now vers. 3.1 seems to available for download.

I have two questions:

1. Will my MZ-N520 be compatible with SS version 3.1 ?

2. If so, am I better off simply ignoring vers. 1.5 thatI should find on a CD in the box and go straight to vers. 3.1 ?

Thank you in advance for your responses !

Edited by Jeffy

Hi All,

I should soon become the proud owner of a Sony MZ-N520 Net MD recorder (courtesy of Amzon.co.uk).

I know this model starts smelling a bit stale, but the price was really attractive  ohmy.gif , so I went for it.

Anyway, I read on the user's manual posted on the web that this model comes with SonicStage vers. 1.5. Browsing this forum, it is clear that a few versions have been released since this unit was laaunched, and that now vers. 3.1 seems to available for download.

I have two questions:

1. Will my MZ-N520 be compatible with SS version 3.1 ?

2. If so, am I better off simply ignoring vers. 1.5 thatI should find on a CD in the box and go straight to vers. 3.1 ?

Thank you in advance for your responses !

Welcome to the Forum!

Answer to:

1) Yes. All NetMD and HiMD units is compatible with SonicStage 3.1

2) Yes, definitely go right for SonicStage 3.1.

Happy MD!