Scratch on VAIO Pocket screen.

Rate this question

.baby_dubz.

Question

After 2 months of babying my precious Pocket Vaio, the inevitable happened. I was moving my speakers next to where my PV was sitting in it's cradle charging. I unplugged my speakers, picked them up and turned around to leave when I heard a crash on the floor. I immediately looked down and saw my PV face down on the floor (I have hardwood)...I stood there in shock and picked it up. At first it looked like it survived but when I looked closer at it, there was a small scuff/scratch on the screen :ol_sick: I ran to the washroom to use some toothpaste to see if I could rub it out, but it did not work :ol_sleep: *sigh*

I'm sure this has happened to a few of us here at ATRACLife, unfortunately. Do you guys just leave it and move on with your life or have you tried to remove them? I came across this article:

Fixing Scratches on iPods

it uses a product called 'Brasso' to remove most of the scratches and looks quite promising...but it IS a bit abrasive so that has me a tad worried. What have you guys used?

8 answers to this question

sorta pricey compared to the $4 for a can of Brasso. When you say to order a new glass/screen window, do you mean for the PV? Where can I get one and is the installation easy if I decide to replace it?...I have a scratch on the remote screen too -___-"

If you are interested, I can provide you with the appropriate part number. However, you would need to disassemble the VAIO Pocket somewhat to replace the damaged piece.

If you are interested, I can provide you with the appropriate part number. However, you would need to disassemble the VAIO Pocket somewhat to replace the damaged piece.

thanks man. but it's just a minor little scratch...I guess I'll try the iCleaner or a similar product before I seriously consider replacing it. :ol_biggrin: thanks though!