Rh910 Power Cord - Which Jack Type?

Rate this topic

nallyvaico

I jsut ordered an RH910 from Minidisc-Canada. Since power cords are likely to be incompatible (220V Continental Europe), I wonder what type power cord jacks the RH910 uses. I already have 2 sets of Sony's older generations MDs, such as R909 and N10 - these both use different jacks with different voltages.

Can somebody pls help me?

I jsut ordered an RH910 from Minidisc-Canada. Since power cords are likely to be incompatible (220V Continental Europe), I wonder what type power cord jacks the RH910 uses. I already have 2 sets of Sony's older generations MDs, such as R909 and N10 - these both use different jacks with different voltages.

Can somebody pls help me?

The AC Adaptor that comes bundled with North American RH910 should be rated at 3V 50/60Hz, 5W 8-12VA and of 2-pin type. If your North American RH910 comes with a 100V AC Adaptor, you can certainly resort to the R909's AC Adaptor provided it has the same rating. (Note: You can't use N10's AC Adaptor because it is rated at 6V)

So, Sony has reverted to its older type models (R900, R909 etc) for AC adapters, not the newer N10. Is that correct? N10 type adapters actually are on par with those of Sharp (yet, Sharp's not suitable for the N10).

The type connector of MZ-N1 (type old), MZ-N10 (type new) and MZ-NH1 (type new like MZ-N10) were connector USB proprietary of Sony, all 6V. Also the cable connector USB proprietary for MZ-N10 can't use all model Sharp!

The type connector of MZ-N1 (type old), MZ-N10 (type new) and MZ-NH1 (type new like MZ-N10) were connector USB proprietary of Sony, all 6V.  Also the cable connector USB proprietary for MZ-N10 can't use all model Sharp!

Actually, I have both Sharp MD77 and Sony N10... I use Sony's adaptor for Sharp's playback/charging just fine. Yet, Sharp's adaptor can't charge the Sony... Obviously, different voltages do matter, espacially in the latter case.