Amp/boost Box Schematic

Rate this topic

Hey guys,

i was wondering if someone could post an amp/boost box circuit?

Primary use would for testing purposes/live recordings, and secondly because im trying to make use of an MP3 Recorder ive come across.

Setup so far:

MZ-R700 (still goin' strong after all this time biggrin.gif )

BaB with Bass roll-off

Stereo Omni's (-44 dB +3dbB sensitivity / 20 to 20,000 hz)

SP-CMC-2A Card's

Main reason im asking for a boost circuit is because I tested Omni's -> BaB -> MP3 Recorder Line-in, and although it recorded ok, it was well below normal levels compared to what it would have been, if I had used my MD.

Hence i'm wanting to try and boost the signal entering the MP3's Line-in: Omni's -> BaB and/or BoB -> MP3 Rec.

The MP3 Rec. is ideal for recording lectures via its built in mic, direct MP3 encoding, so I thought i'd try some live recordings directly encoded to MP3 at 192kbps/320kbps.

greatful for some tips on cicruitary

happy.gif

The main reason why you're in trouble is that your MD preamp lacks a low sensitivity setting.

You can either

1) buy a different unit with low sens. setting,

2) use an attenuator or

3) the most complex solution - build an external preamp.

I've built one according to this design once, using a 2x50 kOhm stereo pot for setting the gain. I've built it for use with a harddisk recorder without a quality internal preamp though, and although it works pretty well, it's pretty much dispensable for use with MD, where i either use mic-in low sens. or line-in with batt. box.

Thanx for your words greenmachine.

The reason for the preamp would be for use with the MP3 Recorder, as the signal from the BaB isn't loud enough, from the BaB to Line-in.

Hence: Omnis -> BaB -> Amp -> MP3 Recorder Line-in.

My current setup works fine with my MD, both through Line-in for concerts, and through Mic-in for nature sounds, which are suprisingly clear.

In the case of MD, I was going to try: Omnis -> BaB -> Amp -> MD Line-in (for nature recordings).

cheers for the circuit diag.

It'll be my next build project as i've just finished my BaB/Mic mods.

-woode