RH10: Skipping groupwise without remote?

Rate this topic

dwissl

I read that one doesn't need the remote, when one uses the RH10 at all. However, I can't seem to find a way to directly skip from group to group by pressing a button without the remote. I'd be pleased if I was wrong. Is there a way to do that with just the main unit?

Thanks

I read that one doesn't need the remote, when one uses the RH10 at all. However, I can't seem to find a way to directly skip from group to group by pressing a button without the remote. I'd be pleased if I was wrong. Is there a way to do that with just the main unit?

Thanks

Seeing as there's no "GRP" button on the RH10 as previous units have featured, the answer is no - with an addendum.

There is no 'one-button technique' as there is on the remote. The +/- buttons are the easiest way to change groups, but there is a way on the main unit itself.

-Hit 'SEARCH'

-Scroll (w/ jog wheel) to "By Group"; push jog wheel to enter

-Scroll (w/ jog wheel) to group desired; push jog wheel to enter

-Scroll (w/ jog wheel) to song desired; push jog wheel to enter.

It also doesn't hurt to turn on 'Group Play' in the Menu-Play Mode-Main Play Mode menu.

Any reason why you don't want the remote involved?

Edited by mcca6392

There should be a group button on the unit itself, once this is pressed a folder icon appears in the display, pressing forward/backward then skips between groups

Well I couldn't do this from the machine when I looked...so I checked the manual and lucks like it's not possible...well at least that's what the picture seems to say (see attachment).

post-10961-1124120032_thumb.jpg

Edited by bri

Well I couldn't do this from the machine when I looked...so I checked the manual and lucks like it's not possible...well at least that's what the picture seems to say (see attachment).

Ineed you can't cue to the next or previous group (as the manual states) but using the method that mcca6392 described you can cue to any group on the disc (which may or may not be the next or previous group to the one you're playing) - in manualspeak, it would appear there's a big difference between the two!

Also, if you have the unit selected as playing in group mode then when you hit search, the 'group' option will be automatically selected, so it's just a matter of search->enter then scrolling down and pressing enter again on the group you want... and let's face it, the jog wheel's easy enough to use isn't it? smile.gif