Sony MD Walkman MZ-E7W Pictorial

Rate this topic

Ishiyoshi

IPB Image

MZ-E7W Suntory BOSS Coffee Limited Edition

I present to you all one fo my prized MD unit - the Suntory BOSS Coffee Limited Edition MZ-E7W, the BOSS of MD portable players so to speak. :lol:

This pictorial is dedicated to our admin, Chris. You're not the "BOSS" until you have this unit :P Enjoy the pictures. :)

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

The BOSS Wireless Wrist Remote| RM-M2W1

IPB Image

IPB Image

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

The BOSS Headphone | MDR-G062

IPB Image

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

The BOSS Lanyard

IPB Image

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

The BOSS MD Carrying Pouch

IPB Image

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

The Sony Color Collection: Suntory BOSS Coffee Limited Edition MD

*further info regarding the disc

IPB Image

IPB Image

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

ohhhh! that disc is awesome!

Ishi: how do you print your minidisc labels (the spine one in the picture) and what font did you use for that label?

Thanks. :)

As for MD labeling: My printing method with MS Word is really somewhat "primitive." I first set the margin and print the disc title accordingly as a sample. Then align the original label onto the printed paper - you will have to align the original title label over the printed text; the area, which you want the text to appear. Once this is done, secure the original label with tiny scotch tape so that it does not move. Then reprint the disc title without changing any margin on MS Word. The disc title should then be printed neatly over the "secured" original label. You can use the same method for track-listing as well.

I know I can employ Neato labels but I prefer to use the original labels. This is indeed a tedious process - not many would fancy such "primitive" method - but it works for me.

--> the font used for the above disc was SacchiAlphabet.

thank you very much for the info.

One more thing: What s this thing "Boss Coffee" and where did you get the disc and the minidisc?

BOSS Coffee is a Suntory beverage product. (If you are curious, this is Suntory BOSS's product line: -click here -). The Suntory BOSS Coffee Limited Edition MZ-E7W was available only for a limited time (in Japan) during Suntory BOSS’s campaign blitz in January, 2000; and the special Suntory BOSS MD disc is only available as bundled accessory with the limited edition package.

Thanks for your time, Ishii.

It's absolutely mind boggling how you were able to obtain this incredibly rare unit and full set in such condition. Everything appears flawless, right down to the felt pouch. If this isn't the apex of your collection, I'm not really sure what is. I find myself returning to this pictorial just to drool throughout the day. Is that normal? :P

What average range are you getting with the watch when trying to operate it? Isn't it line of sight? I haven't played with my E7W for a very long time.

Thanks for your time, Ishii.

It's absolutely mind boggling how you were able to obtain this incredibly rare unit and full set in such condition. Everything appears flawless, right down to the felt pouch.

That is why I am the BOSS. :P

What average range are you getting with the watch when trying to operate it? Isn't it line of sight? I haven't played with my E7W for a very long time.

I would say the optimum operation range being about 10-12".

It is impressed to see an American getting so many COOL and Exclusive products from Japan.

As I 've learned from ur early post, u got Boss edition E7w, MD2000 ( I used to have a 5-pack edition, now I have one only. ) and more.

neat!

Besides E7w, I also have some genius things from Sony ,such like Clie ux50, PSP, DV IP220.

but now, i pay more attention on apple things. after having my own ipod photo and compared it to sony's HD5 , I personally think ipod is winner. Things designed by apple are simple, far more ease to use than sony or any other brands.

How about you ?

Cheers,

Jasper Song

It is impressed to see an American getting so many COOL and Exclusive products from Japan.

As I 've learned from ur early post, u got Boss edition E7w, MD2000 ( I used to have a 5-pack edition, now I have one only. ) and more.

neat!

Besides E7w, I also have some genius things from Sony ,such like Clie ux50, PSP, DV IP220.

but now, i pay more attention on apple things. after having my own ipod photo and compared it to sony's HD5 , I personally think ipod is winner. Things designed by apple are simple, far more ease to use than sony or any other brands.

How about you ?

Cheers,

Jasper Song

That's cool Jasper. I am not American; Nihonjin if you will.

As for gadget design, I love those that display industrial minimalist design - notable favorites include those from Bang & Olufsen, some Apple computer design and of course, Sony.

oh. you are nihonjin. from Tokyo or Osaka

, or somewhere else ? cool. I 've been to ur country once and I love there.

Exactly. Bang & Olufsen understands how to make a thing not just look better, but ease to use at the same level. the only thing I got from B&O is the headphone A8. Most stylish design and not bad sound quality.

The 8-disk player ( maybe called beosound 9000 or what /) is a dream to me.

good to know you are a gadget designer. you must be very good on methmatical sense.

BTW, I send a PM to u .

thx.

Jasper Song

oh. you are nihonjin. from Tokyo or Osaka

, or somewhere else ? cool. I 've been to ur country once and I love there.

Exactly. Bang & Olufsen understands how to make a thing not just look better, but ease to use at the same level. the only thing I got from B&O is the headphone A8. Most stylish design and not bad sound quality.

The 8-disk player ( maybe called beosound 9000 or what /) is a dream to me.

good to know you are a gadget designer. you must be very good on methmatical sense.

BTW, I send a PM to u .

thx.

Jasper Song

From Tokyo. By the way, I am a gadget connoisseur not a gadget designer; I can only wish I could design it. ;)