NTT DoCoMo Music Porter II | ATRAC Capable Phone

Rate this topic

Ishiyoshi

NTT DoCoMo announced today (December 19, 2005) that it will release a new phone called the "Music Porter II" (D701iWM) – produced by Mitsubishi Electric Corporation FOMA – that supports the ATRAC3/ATRAC3plus/MP3/AAC format. (AAC with i-mode only) ATRAC3 tunes can be purchased via Mora with the bundled software, BeatJam. The “Music Porter II” is expected to hit Japanese DoCoMo retail on December 22, 2005 and it will be available in two color scheme: red and white.

Sony_MZ_E501.pdf Sony_MZ_E501_GR_IT.pdf post-3762-1116903517_thumb.jpg

Specifications

Size: 107 x 49 x 24 mm (h/w/d)

Weight: approx. 120g

Standby Time: Approximately 400 hour

Talk time: Approximately 140 minute

Continual music playback time: Approximately 20 hours (rated at ATRAC3plus 48kbps)

Supported music format: ATRAC3/ATRAC3plus/AAC

Continual FM radio listening time: Approximately 15 hours

Main display: Approximately 2.2 inch (240 x 320)

QVGA TFT liquid crystal 65,536 color

Sub display: Approximately 1.1 inch (128 x 32)

STN liquid crystal monochrome

Integrated digital camera

Accessories

128MB Memory Stick PRO Duo

Remote control

BeatJam software

Earphone

USB cable

Mic

For further information, please visit NTT DoCoMo

Atrac on a non sony device?? Either thery are finally trying to expand it or they have sold it off, hmmmmm.....

It also raises the question of whether or not it will bundled with SS/ Connect or some FOMA software (We may get a SS alternative!)

I`m also interested to see which software are they going to use with Atrac ..

Ishi,Do you have any idea about Software???

Read the first paragraph and under "Accessories" of the first post. The bundled software is called BeatJam. BeatJam employs the same OpenMG Secure Module as SonicStage and was developed by Justsystem. The software itself has been around since the advent of NetMD. For those familiar with the NetMD format, Sharp's NetMD devices employs BeatJam to facilitate NetMD features.

Read the first paragraph and under "Accessories" of the first post. The bundled software is called BeatJam. BeatJam employs the same OpenMG Secure Module as SonicStage and was developed by Justsystem. The software itself has been around since the advent of NetMD. For those familiar with the NetMD format, Sharp's NetMD devices employs BeatJam to facilitate NetMD features.

I was too lazy to read that or i skipped it (Doing many things at the same time playing games ,listening to songs etcc...)but still thanks for waking up me :ol_biggrin:

OH!! No , Not again . Using the Same Open Mg that means Same DRM policy ..Idon`t like this :ol_devil: