Pause During Record Without Track Marks?

Rate this topic

djrobin458

It's no big deal. You can use the "Combine" feature later; to make the 2 tracks 1.

Don

Hi -

Just got an MZ-RH10 for the sole purpose of recording .wav files via microphone. Everything is good so far but I'd like to know if it's possible to pause during record without having a track mark be automatically inserted???

Thanks,

David

While you can combine tracks, be aware that some people, myself included, have had trouble combining tracks recorded in WAV. My first WAV recording was auto-trackmarked every five minutes, and when I went to combine them, some of the tracks refused to do so. I asked around here, and while there are no explanations, it seems to be common enough to be known.

~Archivist~

Note that despite all my warnings [in the gapless howto] about brief repeated bits in auto-trackmarked recordings, I've only ever experienced such with recordings made with LINE-IN.

Microphone recordings should still be fine to combine, even if you use AUTO TIME MARK. It's the level-based auto marking used with line-in that causes the repeated sections.

I stopped using SS's combine function after having to deal with 30+ hours of line-in sourced recordings, so I can't speak as to whether SS 3.3 has problems with that function, but I'd been using it since v2.2 or so without any problems with mic recordings.