CONNECT Player 1.0.02.11180 released

NoOneHome

CONNECT Player 1.0.02.11180 has been released for Sony NW-A Series. It doesn't seem to be announced anywhere, but if you download what reports to be the 1.0.02.11170 version, it now downloads 1.0.02.11180 instead of 11170.

PS. I can't test what, if anything, this update fixes/changes, as it'll only upgrade versions below 11170.

Edited by NoOneHome

i extracted everything from CP-PM-Update-1.0.02.11180-English_UK.exe and the msi i found for CONNECT still gave me xxxxx.11170... i don't know...

if i try to run it as is, it tells me the target software for this module is not installed... ???

oh right. only versions below 11170...

does that mean a complete uninstall is needed in order to use it?

Edited by sh33p

Maybe its my imagination but it seems to boot up a little quicker, but that might also be down to the fact that i uninstalled the old version and started from scratch again, otherwise the only thing i have noticed so far is that the file icons in the library have changed from ATRAC icons to Connect icons.

BTW it still id's it as .11170 after installation.

Edited by Spacecase

Well i suppose it was too good to be true............ was wondering why some of the songs on my player appeared in bold type in Connect, have now found out that some of the albums in my library are now 'corrupted' and although it 'transfers' them to the player they don't appear on it (although they appear in Connect and show as error) even after initialising the disc they still show on the player in Connect and have to be manually removed. The albums wont even play in Connect, just says there is an error when playing so it looks like i'll have to get ripping again !!!!

What is more annoying is that it's corrupted one of my downloaded albums so thats gone forever (i knew i should have backed it up)

Thanks for that Sony, what a lovely christmas present :ol_mad:

How does the saying go..................... one step forward, two steps back

Off topic but does anyone know of a stand alone ATRAC3plus ripper thats quicker than Connect ????.......... i have a feeling i might need it.

Edited by Spacecase

Have finally given up on Connect player for the time being and am using SS 3.3, the files that it 'corrupted' played fine in WMP10 and imported and transferred without problem in SS 3.3.

I'll go back and give Connect another go when Sony finally get their finger out and give us some reliable, fast and bug free software.