SonicStage not installing

Rate this topic

Deceptions

hey guys, i'm new here. I have a problem with my sonicstage. Apparently, it won't install. It would reach about 90% and stop. It would then say "Installation process for SonicStage 3.3 has been terminated. (2051, 20698) Also, sonicstage appears on my desktop, but when I run it, it tells me "Cannot find the OpenMG Secure Module. Exiting SonicStage (Error Code: 00005607)

Should I reformat or is this solvable? :blink:

Thanks for the help!

Have experienced exactly the same problem, and mine was with an upgrade from 3.2.

Have had and used SS since about 1.x and successfully upgraded each time until this most recent. Both web installer and full installer showed exactly the problem as at the head of this topic. and in my case it had already uninstalled SS 3.2.

Unfortunately System Restore could not, somehow, fully restore everything and my whole system became unstable - crashes, BSOD etc.

Luckily I was able to install an "emergency" XP Pro on another HDD and so access the files on the HDD containing the "faulty" install but the only solution was a reformat of this HDD and a reinstall of my full XP Pro SP2.

However, I am very cautious about reinstalling SS 3.3, I still have both the web and full installer files but am uncertain what to do. Does anyone have the installer for 3.2? If so, could you email it to me? I guess it will be a large file.

Also, does anyone know where SS stores the "My Library" tracks on a PC? I have been able to retrieve all the files from the corrupt HDD (via the "emergency" install) and copy them to another HDD and would like to restore them. They are all original voice-only recordings, made by me so DRM is not a problem

Any help appreciated.

My Spec:

XP Pro SP2

P4 3.4 Gig

1 Gig RAM

10 Gig HDD (emergency install)

80 Gig HDD, partitioned 50 and 30 (normal XP install, following reformat)

DRM is not a problem

DRM is always a problem. The files are probably stored in a folder called "Packages." But they are .oma or .omg files that were encrypted to be only playable with the original SonicStage installation. Even a restored computer may give your reinstalled SonicStage a different key. You'll just have to try it.

The only way to be sure that your files remain your files is to convert them to .wav once they're in your computer.

Deceptions--

Have you tried downloading the full installer, disconnecting from the internet, turning off any antivirus and firewall software and running the installer? Just make sure you start the antivirus/firewall when you reconnect to the net.

Emmrecs--

Can you still play tracks from My Library with the new install?