Anyone owns a MZ-DH710? I have questions.....

Rate this topic

FTS2090

I already own a MZ-RH910 and my wife likes it so much she decided to use it, so im thinking of getting myself a MZ-DH710... my questions are as follows: What comes in the box (I live in the U.S. so your answer may vary but is still helpful)? How long does the battery last? Does it have a control remote Jack and a AC adapter Jack? can you recharge the battery with the player? do you think is a good player? and last but not least... i have not being able to find good pictures of this unit on the internet (just the standard front shot) and im wondering if you can take pictures of the player (back and side) and e-mail them to me ar OptimusPrim2090@yahoo.com

Tahnk you

I bought my DH710 rougly 4 months ago and I'v had zero problems with it, I live in Canada BTW. I'm pretty happy with it, but its a rather basic unit. With the box came the unit and Hi-MD disk, sonicstage cd-rom, usb cable, and a set of earphones (which IMO aren't bad). To answer your questions it does not have a remote or an AC jack, only headphones and a usb jack. It does not come with rechargeable batteries, but the box claims about 17hrs of battery life.

Unfortunitally I don't have a digital camera, but here is a link to some pictures http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=11669 *BUT the pictures are of a recording model the RH710, the DH710 is a PLAYER ONLY model*

The DH710 would not have the line in jack or a "Record" button, the button is instead "Download".

I'm happy with my player, but if it's more features you are looking for (like opical in etc.) you will want to look at different units.

Edited by blinky_182

Hi, I just buy my MZ-RH710 on Dec. 24 as my Xmas gift for myself :P And let me tell you, is wonderful. I am writing from Peru, South America. My unit cost me 499 soles (about 145 USA dollars). I was made en Malaysia. It has all the specifications that the others around the world. Sometimes, reading the manual, you can find something like "No availaible for the European models", like at the section about the 6-Band Equalizer, specialy on the Custom 1 and Custom 2 sound modes. There are a few more, like the Title Input. Well, this is the model available all over Latin America. Of course, there are other models but I have to say that in Peru like others South American countries the Minidisc are not popular between audio consumers or audiophiles. I have buy this one because I am musician and I wanted a recording unit for my herearsals and concerts (I connected it on my 16 digital tracks sound console and it works perfect). And the MZ-RH710 is the one I dreamed about. And also to carry everywhere my music.

If you are from Peru or any other latin country and you are interesting about Minidiscs please write me a e-mail to keep in touch.

Si tu eres de Peru o de otro pais de Latino America y estas interesado en los Minidiscs por favor escribeme un correo electronico para estar en contacto:

andesaa@yahoo.com

To answer your questions it does not have a remote or an AC jack, only headphones and a usb jack.

the DH710 is a PLAYER ONLY model*

The US DH710 DOES have a remote jack. It is fully functional with the 33EL, 35ELK, and 40ELK. AC jack is not really critical since the unit is USB powered when connected to a PC.

The unit would be classified as a downloader. It is not a plyer only unit since you can still transfer music to it via USB. :)

My small review: http://www.audiotstation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28812

Edited by pata2001

• 3 weeks later...