Updating SonicStage

Rate this topic

Paula

Just wondering...

Every bit of software I own has an option under the "Help" menu item called "Update" Just click, and the software updates itself. Why doesn't SS have this? And why does Sony make it so hard to find the update and it's features?

At least I can find them here easily enough...

Seems dumb, but maybe I'm missing something.

Connect Player. It's something they'll use to eventually replace SS, but for favored units (not all). Minidisc seems "difficult to support", and that's from a client software engineer who used to work with Sonicstage and is now on Connect Player.

Nonetheless, Connect Player supports the new Walkman hard drive and flash music players. You can learn more about this at atraclife.com.

Edited by kurisu

Minidisc seems "difficult to support", and that's from a client software engineer who used to work with Sonicstage and is now on Connect Player.

I would have thought that the backend OpenMG Modules shared between the two apps would easily facilitate the support of Net/HiMD in the new Connect Player. Any idea why Sony aren't moving to support MD with the new software?

There's alot of fallacies within MD, and even Hi-MD that are not very forward-looking for Sony at this point. The format may not be dead after all, but it will certainly have a very new focus if it is continued. Any further creativity will be more or less a nod towards conformity and actual preformance.

Edited by kurisu