Menu-Display-track property- What is this?

Rate this topic

klmccann

I just bought a RH 10. When I played back my first recorded HI-MD, I selected menu; display; track property and it lists the mode the track was recorded in then a message like this: 01y01m01d 12:01 am Is a time stamp and I didn't set an internal clock in the unit or Sonic Stage?

Help me decipher this.

Thanks

Kevin

I'm pretty sure that it is indicating when the track was recorded, but as far as I know the RH10 doesn't have a clock, so it just puts Jan 1 in the absence of any real data. However, if you have a disc recorded using a device thast does have a clock (like my old MD-X5) the RH10 can display the real time/date stamp. Unfortunately I don't have any such discs on me at the moment, but I'll check when I get home tonight if no one else has come up with anything definite.

Edited by Belletristik

Using the RH10 for playback:

*An old SP mode disc recorded on my MD-X5 toggles between the recording mode and 99y06m16d04:51PM in the properties display of the first track.

*A Hi-MD disc recorded on my MD-105FX deck (no clock) shows no stamp at all in the track properties, not even 01y01m01d12:01AM. It just shows the recording mode.

*Hi-MD mode discs filled with USB transfered tracks (from Simple Burner to the RH10) show no stamp at all in the track properties, not even the time on the PC at time of transfer. It just shows the recording mode.

*Several MP3 podcasts transfered via SonicStage to a Hi-MD mode disc show 06y01m01d12:00AM, some show 05y01m01d12:00AM and some show nothing at all. As if the MP3 file had only the year info for some tracks, and no info for others.

*A track I just recorded directly to Hi-MD using the RH10 is not showing any date/time info at all in the properties display, not even 01y01m01d12:00AM.

I suppose it displays what information it has, and fills in any missing months or days by 01 and any missing times by 12:00AM. If it has no time/date information at all it doesn't show anything (?). Why you should have seen 01y01m01d12:01AM if the RH10 didn't have any info I couldn't say. Mine doesn't seem to do that.

The newly released RH1 seems to have a date/time feature. I wonder if this is just a 'read time/date where available' feature or whether it actually has an integrated clock...

I suppose it displays what information it has, and fills in any missing months or days by 01 and any missing times by 12:00AM.

You are right! Actually, the YY/MM/DD information displayed by RH10 is the same as the information entered in SonicStage for this track (Year released - Month - Day), if any. As we have no way to enter time there, it will always be 12:00AM for tracks transferred from SS.

Edited by Avrin

The newly released RH1 seems to have a date/time feature. I wonder if this is just a 'read time/date where available' feature or whether it actually has an integrated clock...

The RH1 has an integrated clock which stamps the recording time and date.