Flat rate exchange fee for RH10

Rate this topic

Abbstrack

after a year and a few months of being a happy owner of an RH10, it has stopped functioning properly. The battery does not fully charge (replaced the battery) and the slightes tap to it while it is playing will completely turn the power off. Upon resuming, it picks up from random spots on the disc as oppossed to where it left off playing. Also when i connect it to my cpu via usb, i get an error message (access error)

i checked on sony's site, and since it is out of warranty, i have to pay a flat rate fee of approx $180.00for exchange to a refurb unit. For this price I may as well get the other half and buy a new RH1. Not only that, but i'm a little concerned about owning these units again since this unit died just from a year of real good use. i have only dropped it once or twice over the course of the year, and i havent dropped it in the past 8 or 9 months. pretty wierd that all of a sudden things start going haywire.

i do have a question though. What are my chances of getting over on sony by sending in the unit to have the alphabet/labeling problem corrected? does anyone know if they are really correctly programming these units or just swapping them out with working units?

just curious..doesnt hurt to try either way, but before i go through the hassle of sending this one back in for nothing, it would be nice to have an idea.

If you look on the site, you can choose to have it repaired instead of exchanged for 101.00 including shipping, mine just died too, actually a month before the warranty was up, but I was out on vacation and didn't claim it until 4 days after the year was up, so I think I'm screwed. Hopefully I'll get it extended because my first unit was DOA and they didn't get that back until the end of september.... so that 's when my warranty period should have started....

I must say though that this doesn't speak well for SONY's build quality lately...my r70 are still running without a hiccup and have seen much worse than the rh10

Edited by taper420