Hi-MD non-audio storage space

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I'm trying to use my RH10 as an external storage device for my PC. Isn't there a setting somewhere to allocate so much space on a 1GB disc for non-audio file storage vs. song files?

I can't find anything to refresh my memory on this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

Kent

No setting, just copy files to disk. Do not use the HiMD directory (that is where the audio files are). Do not erase the hidden files in the root. You can make directories (folders) or put files in the root.

That's what I thought, but it shows a 1GB disk is half full and it's not taking any more files..... maybe the folder I wanted to move contained more than the remaining space. But, I'd think it would move as much of that folder (by individual files) as it could before showing the disk is full message.

Kent

That's what I thought, but it shows a 1GB disk is half full and it's not taking any more files..... maybe the folder I wanted to move contained more than the remaining space. But, I'd think it would move as much of that folder (by individual files) as it could before showing the disk is full message.

Kent

why not use another disk for data storage and another for music? do u put data and music on one disk?

Combo disks are handy. I often put info about the recording on the same disk as the audio. Liner notes, pictures, biographies, lyrics etc. I have never had a problem. Keep in mind the limits of FAT16, a limited number of files and/or folders in the root (511, if I remember correctly)