MD Car decks, changers.

Rate this topic

Sparky191

I've not been happy with the last few car CD/MP3 decks I've got. Currently we are using a DEH-4700MP in one car which while built very well, I don't like at all. Poor EQ, illogical controls and functions, generally it doesn't sound that great. Tbh I prefer using the good quality cassette deck in the other car. it simply sounds much better. So I've been thinking about trying a MD deck instead. I wondering who has a MD car deck and which would people recommend ?

I have the Sony MDX-C680X ...

http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sony_MDX-CA680X.html

SP/LP.

I don't know exactly what features you are looking for, but I have been very happy with this unit. I installed it and four [Pioneer] speakers myself. It has a flip-down, detachable face. The face has to be flipped down (but not detached) to insert or eject a disc. This I find to be a bit of an annoyance, but worth it overall.

I bought the unit used from the minidisc.org Classifieds. These do occasionally turn up on Ebay too, and so do the Kenwood models that are SP/LP. If LP isn't something you need, there's a much wider range of models you can use.

I crank out a lot of LP2/LP4 MDs that I listen to in the car and at work, and then I re-use them. It's great!