Sony HiMD or Sharp Auvi better for SP recording?

Rate this topic

grenert

I want to dub some LPs onto MD using SP (so I can play them back on my Sharp DR7). I can record the discs with either a Sony MZ-NH900 Hi-MD recorder or the DR7. Does anyone have an opinion as to which of these is a better recorder in SP (in terms of sound quality; I think the Sharp is better in recording convenience)?

Thanks for any help.

I would record with the sony and play back on the sharp. Both sharp and sony employ their own proprietory atrac technologies for recording, but sony as the industry leader probably has the better one. I have always wondered about the sharp atrac though, but I have read reports that discs recorded on the sharp sometimes don't play back on other non-sharp players.

Edited by kino170878

I have a DR7 as well and the Sony RH1 , I noticed the amp on the DR7 is nice but the inputs are noisy , the Mic input is so drastically different than my RH1 it is unusable . I have an OLD MZ-R3 , and the mic input absolutly blows the Sharp out of the water .

I like the controls on the Sharp for playback , the speed control , is very smooth although it does change pitch because it actually slows the disc down , but the sound is very smooth . it is good for working out guitar parts.

I have to agree , record with the Sony , play on the Sharp

Edited by Guitarfxr