Sony Lissa STR-LSA1 question (MDS-LSA1)

Rate this topic

barclay_100

Hi,

I recently bought the Sony Lissa stereo set:

Receiver STR-LSA1

CD-player CDP-LSA1

and most important the minidiscplayer MDS-LSA1

Does anyone have any experience with connecting the set to a computer using the firewire cable?

Which software is used to transfer music to the minidisc deck (to and fro preferably). Can it be downloaded somewhere? Is it the 'Digital Link Manager'?

There is not much on google on this device. It plays well and looks interesting too :give_heart:

Can anyone help?

Thank you so much in advance!

Hi,

Receiver STR-LSA1

CD-player CDP-LSA1

Does anyone have any experience with connecting the set to a computer using the firewire cable?

Which software is used to transfer music to the minidisc deck (to and fro preferably). Can it be downloaded somewhere? Is it the 'Digital Link Manager'?

There is not much on google on this device. It plays well and looks interesting too :give_heart:

Can anyone help?

Nice looking little unit. To begin with you will need sonic stage, go for 3.4. At best all you will be able to do is download from your puter, you can't upload with an MDLP deck. If you have all the cables and adapters you shouldn't have a problem

Bob

• 10 years later...
On 7/18/2007 at 2:58 PM, barclay_100 said:

Hi,

Receiver STR-LSA1

CD-player CDP-LSA1

Can anyone help?

Hi and congratulations! 

First of all, you need Digital Link Manager For Lissa i uploaded it here (This is latest version 2.0)  https://files.fm/u/apag6x3p 

SonicStage not work with Lissa system - as i know. 

But install properly Digital Link Manager is a chalange, I got it to work only on Windows XP - i tryed on Win7 but without luck. 

There are also driver hell and how to attach them to lissa it work manually i have somewhere a tutorial how to do it. 
and last, you need to wire iLink cables properly. iLink cable from STR-LSA1 To CD and from CD to MiniDisc then connect Firewire from other iLink port on STR-LSA1 to PC 

Ok, i find my tutorial there it is: https://us.community.sony.com/s/question/0D50B00004PQidSSAT/sony-lissa-and-windows-xp-windows-7-avc-problem

And this is how it looks in PC -> MD recording (Nice that it transfers Artist names too) just press SYNC and it transfer automatic. Fortunately realtime.

IMG_2377.JPG

IMG_2378.JPG

• 3 years later...

Hi @cosmolv.  I also own a Sony Lissa (love it) and have never been able to get Digital Link Manager working in Win XP, only 2000.  I tried following your tutorial however I cannot find the drivers in the fourth step - I browse using all device types and locate the "Sony" folder however the three i.link devices are not listed.  Do you know why this might be?

Thank you,

-Alistair