MZ-M200

Rate this topic

tenacious-c

Just picked one of these up-I have an Aiwa AMF70, and a Sharp 702 (think I got the model numbers correctly), and about 75 or so Minidiscs with concerts I've recorded on them. Used to be really into taping shows, however, with a career in medicine, I lost my free time.

However, in looking back into MD over the past few weeks, this new Sony player seemed the way to go-both to enjoy the recordings I have, and to make some new ones, perhaps record the odd show or two.

Very impressed-much better sound than my iPod, and amazing build quality-I think it's miles above the older players.

One question-using it with a Mac, I can't see how to upload old Minidiscs to the computer-am I able to do that?

Chris

Just picked one of these up-I have an Aiwa AMF70, and a Sharp 702 (think I got the model numbers correctly), and about 75 or so Minidiscs with concerts I've recorded on them. Used to be really into taping shows, however, with a career in medicine, I lost my free time.

However, in looking back into MD over the past few weeks, this new Sony player seemed the way to go-both to enjoy the recordings I have, and to make some new ones, perhaps record the odd show or two.

Very impressed-much better sound than my iPod, and amazing build quality-I think it's miles above the older players.

One question-using it with a Mac, I can't see how to upload old Minidiscs to the computer-am I able to do that?

Chris

never heard of a RZ-200?

If you are using the MZ-RH1/MZ-M200, you can only upload those old legacy recordings to PC using SonicStage. Currently there is no Mac support for the legacy recordings. You can however, upload any Hi-MD recordings you make on the unit to your Mac. Just be sure you grab the latest version of the Mac transfer software from the downloads section here in the forums.

Welcome to the forums by the way! :)

Edited by raintheory

never heard of a RZ-200?

Sorry-MZ-M200

Quite a nice unit. I am impressed!

Chris

If you are using the MZ-RH1/MZ-M200, you can only upload those old legacy recordings to PC using SonicStage. Currently there is no Mac support for the legacy recordings. You can however, upload any Hi-MD recordings you make on the unit to your Mac. Just be sure you grab the latest version of the Mac transfer software from the downloads section here in the forums.

Welcome to the forums by the way! :)

Thank you!

I have a PC sitting next to the Mac, so I'll try that tomorrow. Will be nice to be able to do that. I also like the ability to put multiple formats on the Hi-MD, and it all plays without conversion-amazing

Chris

Congrats on your new toy!!

I also have a (5G) iPod, and boy, sonically, does this thing run circles around Apple's hit product. Speaking of Apple, do you happen to have an Intel-based Mac? SonicStage (latest version) runs great under Boot Camp or Parallels Desktop 3.0.

Cheers

Congrats on your new toy!!

I also have a (5G) iPod, and boy, sonically, does this thing run circles around Apple's hit product. Speaking of Apple, do you happen to have an Intel-based Mac? SonicStage (latest version) runs great under Boot Camp or Parallels Desktop 3.0.

Cheers

Thanks for the advice, guysI will get the latest software.

Seems to work pretty well with the latest SonicStage, and Vista, but it does crash sometimes, or refuse to release the MD player.

I have a G5 iMac, but am waiting on this Tuesday for the news of the new, Aluminum iMac!

Chris

Yes, congrats. These Hi-MD recorders are the best of the lot I say. I find the Sound Professionals SP-SPSM-1 stereo T-mic to be better than the ones that come with the Sony Hi-MD recorders. The SP-SPSM-1 has a wider frequency response, detachable windscreens, a spring-loaded plug for reduced metal fatigue over repeated mounting/dismounting and almost no handling noise, so you may want to look into that one.