Software Trouble

Rate this topic

qazplm89

I've been lurking around this forum for a while trying to fix my problem but the solutions have not worked so far.

This thread is very similar to my problem but the solutions dont work for me

"I've been getting little bits and pieces of this same problem around T-Board, and i figured that I would try to centralize it. Every time I try to transfer a song to my minidisc (nf520d) , it starts converting, then while burning, it stops in the middle of it. All of a sudden the list of songs on my transfer window all dissapear. My mini disc then proceeds to shut itself off, then a warning pops up "unable to transfer the track or tracks" and sometimes "unable to convert". My MD then displays Error, after it powers back on by itself (still connected to the computer). Wow and i tried it again just now, but it says the word PUSH, and i can't get my case open. pulled it open, then couldn't shut, removed battery, and its good again. Also Simple Burner is refusing to work. People are commenting that it could be part of SP2 release, or windows media 10 but i uninstalled the media back to WMP 9. I tried the update of Sonic Stage, but that didn't help, and i've tried reinstalling with my original disc, which after installation, the program begins to open, but an error pops up.

Well that about does it, and i'm guessing that my MD player is broken, since so many things are going wrong. Just the fact that installing SP2 and WMP 10 happened right in the right before my problems motivated me to post this horrific story of Mini Disc gone bad. Sorry for the rambling, but i'm going crazy without my music!! (oh the MD plays my previously burned discs fine)"

I plug my MZ-N10 in and the computer recognizes its a NetMD and it converts fine but when it begins to transfer my MD disconnects by itself and the transfer quits and then reconnects. I am able to delete songs off existing MDs but I can't transfer new songs on.

I am using Sonic stage 4.2 and SP2. I have tried 1.5, 3.3-3.4 and SP1 as well as Vista but none of them work.

Can someone please give me a solution

Edited by qazplm89

I've been lurking around this forum for a while trying to fix my problem but the solutions have not worked so far.

This thread is very similar to my problem but the solutions dont work for me

"I've been getting little bits and pieces of this same problem around T-Board, and i figured that I would try to centralize it. Every time I try to transfer a song to my minidisc (nf520d) , it starts converting, then while burning, it stops in the middle of it. All of a sudden the list of songs on my transfer window all dissapear. My mini disc then proceeds to shut itself off, then a warning pops up "unable to transfer the track or tracks" and sometimes "unable to convert". My MD then displays Error, after it powers back on by itself (still connected to the computer). Wow and i tried it again just now, but it says the word PUSH, and i can't get my case open. pulled it open, then couldn't shut, removed battery, and its good again. Also Simple Burner is refusing to work. People are commenting that it could be part of SP2 release, or windows media 10 but i uninstalled the media back to WMP 9. I tried the update of Sonic Stage, but that didn't help, and i've tried reinstalling with my original disc, which after installation, the program begins to open, but an error pops up.

Well that about does it, and i'm guessing that my MD player is broken, since so many things are going wrong. Just the fact that installing SP2 and WMP 10 happened right in the right before my problems motivated me to post this horrific story of Mini Disc gone bad. Sorry for the rambling, but i'm going crazy without my music!! (oh the MD plays my previously burned discs fine)"

I plug my MZ-N10 in and the computer recognizes its a NetMD and it converts fine but when it begins to transfer my MD disconnects by itself and the transfer quits and then reconnects. I am able to delete songs off existing MDs but I can't transfer new songs on.

I am using Sonic stage 4.2 and SP2. I have tried 1.5, 3.3-3.4 and SP1 as well as Vista but none of them work.

Can someone please give me a solution

With Vista you need 4.3. Does it do it on all discs? Sounds like you are probably getting the dread record ribbon cable failure, probably time for a new unit,

Bob

Hi,

Thanks for your response, but can you please elaborate on the ribbon?. Can i Fix it myself?

you'll have to do a search, it basically entails very fine wire from headhones connecting the record head to the circuit board. Not quite rocket surgery, but a few have attempted/

Use the force Luke

Bob