Sony MDX-CA680X Faceplate stopped working

Rate this topic

proudofmylife

Hello, new to the forums, not exactly sure if this is the right spot to post my issue. My Sony MDX-CA680X car deck has worked flawlessly up until today, the unit still loads, ejects, and plays discs perfectly. The only problem is that none of the buttons on the faceplate work, the display still works perfectly, I just can't change the source, change the volume, or anything regarding the controls. I hit reset but that didn't fix the issue. It was working fine and in a split second the controls just stopped working.

I was wondering if anyone has had similar issues and if so how do I fix it? I was thinking about changing the Fuse to see if that fixes anything but I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: I fixed it, the rewind button was stuck so it wouldn't let me use any other buttons. I was wondering why it would start rewinding when i put in a disc. It's pretty neat being a douchebag.

Edited by proudofmylife

Proud,

I'm not familiar with that deck itself, but I had an Alpine deck (not MD) years ago that would do the same thing. If the faceplate is detachable, check the contacts between the the plate and the deck itself. If need be, try rubbing the contacts with a pencil eraser to "shine them up". The old Alpine unit would stop making good contact, and this would fix it everytime.

Good Luck...

Hello, new to the forums, not exactly sure if this is the right spot to post my issue. My Sony MDX-CA680X car deck has worked flawlessly up until today, the unit still loads, ejects, and plays discs perfectly. The only problem is that none of the buttons on the faceplate work, the display still works perfectly, I just can't change the source, change the volume, or anything regarding the controls. I hit reset but that didn't fix the issue. It was working fine and in a split second the controls just stopped working.

I was wondering if anyone has had similar issues and if so how do I fix it? I was thinking about changing the Fuse to see if that fixes anything but I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: I fixed it, the rewind button was stuck so it wouldn't let me use any other buttons. I was wondering why it would start rewinding when i put in a disc. It's pretty neat being a douchebag.

Glad to hear you fixed the problem, Proud. I also have the CA680X, a wonderful car deck, and although I have never had the exact problem you noted, similar stuff has happened on occasion. There are a lot of buttons and settings and it's easy for something to get stuck like that without its being obvious. Doesn't make you a d-bag at all. See HCwDB for some real ones! ;-)