Replacement gumsticks

Rate this topic

eriktous

Hey friends,

after not using it for a couple of years, I pulled my minidisc gear out of storage again. I found out, of course, that most of the gumsticks don't really work well any more, so I ordered some from eBay. I just want to let you know my experience with two of the NH-14WM replacements that are available now.

The Vapex 1450mAh was received pretty quickly, since it came from the UK. It seems to work perfectly so far, so I'm happy with that one.

I also bought a pair of the unbranded green ones, with the following text on them: 'Leasong NI-MH H1200mAh 7/5F6 1.2v'. I have just received them, after about three weeks, since they come from Honk Kong, but they don't fit in my portables; they are slightly too long. I guess they are the same that I can just about get them in my NH900, but I have to put some stress on the battery door to get it to close, which I'm not comfortable with. They don't fit at all in my other machines. So just a word of warning: don't buy these as replacements for the Sony NH-14WM.

post-63836-0-65114600-1428492361_thumb.j

Hey friends,

after not using it for a couple of years, I pulled my minidisc gear out of storage again. I found out, of course, that most of the gumsticks don't really work well any more, so I ordered some from eBay. I just want to let you know my experience with two of the NH-14WM replacements that are available now.

The Vapex 1450mAh was received pretty quickly, since it came from the UK. It seems to work perfectly so far, so I'm happy with that one.

I also bought a pair of the unbranded green ones, with the following text on them: 'Leasong NI-MH H1200mAh 7/5F6 1.2v'. I have just received them, after about three weeks, since they come from Honk Kong, but they don't fit in my portables; they are slightly too long. I guess they are the same that I can just about get them in my NH900, but I have to put some stress on the battery door to get it to close, which I'm not comfortable with. They don't fit at all in my other machines. So just a word of warning: don't buy these as replacements for the Sony NH-14WM.

attachicon.gifMinidisc batteries (edit).jpg

Thanks. I tried the HQRP green batteries I purchased from Amazon. It did a pretty good job and lasted quite a while. The gray ones were terrible and I was barely able to charge them. Of course the real batteries are the ones to get if you can find them. In the meantime, I'll pay the $10 for the HQRP ones.