Strange problem with NW-E305 Sony Bean

Rate this question

smarty

Question

I did a deep seach before posting this but couldnt find a solution for my prob.

Here is the prob:

I cant format my player with the build-in format menu. It dont even begin formating, just quits format menu.

I cant initialize - rename - delete current song (there is only 1 song in device 11min. with an ® symbol in id tag and name) from sonicstage v3.2 bundled with device and 4.0 from web. When I delete or rename everything seems fine but in 1-2 minutes the old mp3 appears again. I delete, it comes back, I delete again, and it cames back. I also delete from windows explorer but the file suddeny appears in 1 minutes like a horror film :(

As I read from forums if you format USB from explorer I cant use it with device ad mp3 player till I reformat by buildin format. So I must be able to format from explorer. But I cant :( it cant complete format %99 and it gives error :(

Can the USB flash be damages somehow, bad sector??? I didnt do anything bad, drop wet etc.. and device is new !!!! Just transfered twice.

I contacted with eurasia sony support in my country and still they couldnt fix by telephone :( since I bouglt is from japan I dont have a warranty paper. Im in europe now :(

I cant transfer anything new to device, it says "the device is not ready" or "unplugged" and old files came back again :(

Im really dissappointed with this product, please help.........

3 answers to this question

I have exactly the same problem.

Can't format from NW-E305's menu, it seems to format, displays [formatting] and then [complete] but all songs, settings, etc remain on the bean.

Using different methods and software I delete songs from the bean and as soon as I unplug it from the USB the deleted files reappear.

I copy new music to the bean (also with different applications) music seems to be there and as soon as I unplug it, new music disappear.

As a last resource I've tried to format it from Windows explorer and then, 99% formated and error. tried to format it from a Linux box, same error, tried to /dev/null it, seems to complete and after unplugging, everything returns to the initial state.

And yes, Sony Support... They suck, the agents tell you to do the same procedures at the support home page.

Tried almost anything to fix it and it seems the device is completely bullet proof. I can't touch nor modify, delete or format it by any means it always returns to the initial state.

I have exactly the same problem.

Can't format from NW-E305's menu, it seems to format, displays [formatting] and then [complete] but all songs, settings, etc remain on the bean.

Using different methods and software I delete songs from the bean and as soon as I unplug it from the USB the deleted files reappear.

I copy new music to the bean (also with different applications) music seems to be there and as soon as I unplug it, new music disappear.

As a last resource I've tried to format it from Windows explorer and then, 99% formated and error. tried to format it from a Linux box, same error, tried to /dev/null it, seems to complete and after unplugging, everything returns to the initial state.

And yes, Sony Support... They suck, the agents tell you to do the same procedures at the support home page.

Tried almost anything to fix it and it seems the device is completely bullet proof. I can't touch nor modify, delete or format it by any means it always returns to the initial state.

Hey abuendia,

Sounds like the ram chip might have gone 'bad'. If you keep trying to format it, via player and through the computer, and the memory doesn't clear, im guessing that the ram chip might have gone bad, since initializating from the player should have done the trick

off topic: for sony support, was it via phone or internet chat? I find that a lot of companies try to save money by having automated chat-bots for online chats. I didn't know they existed until i read about it, and when i thought about it, the ones at sony esupport seem to be of that variety, haha..