Naurd NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager

Rate this topic

Patrick Balleux

A new version of JSymphonic has been released, version 0.2beta.

Here is the page for the download on Sourceforge.

This version correct some bugs and add a intersting feature for many of you, it supports NW-HD5 and other "old" players that weren't working with version 0.1.1.

Please consult the READ ME in the archive to have precision.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I have a NW-E107 and using JSymphonic I got a MG ERROR in the display.

Looking to you sourcecode I can see that in NWGeneric#addFileToDevice you made some lowlevel tricks, have you any document explaining all this binary manipulation?

There is some way I can help the project? Maybe giving you some dump or something.

You are my only hope for import/export in linux :) Thanks a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

Just D -> oops ! sorry, I didn't see your message (in case of urgent trouble, I can be joined by e-mail: nicolas_cardoso <at> users.sourceforge.net).

It appears that you don't have the key file DvID.dat on your player. Please consult the READ ME and in case of trouble, let me know. Users having the same walkman as yours already told me that it is working with JSymphonic.

Concerning the tricks in NWGeneric#addFileToDevice, it is the way Sony encrypt files, using constants, a key (owned by the player) and the ID of the title in the database... This code is from ml_sony plugin, maybe it is documented on ml_sony project, but I didn't write anything in JSymphonic documentation.

obi wan kenobi -> well, a lot actually ! OMA support is still in alpha for old generations, and it doesn't seem to be working right now BUT transcode feature is quite ready to be released in alpha version ! GUI code and internal code has been improved. Playlist support development has started and cover support development will be started soon I think !

Lots of think in the svn, but nothing sufficently over to lead to a new alpha version. But I wish that a new alpha will arrive soon !

See you !

• 4 weeks later...

Loving Symphonic - just found it today.

Switched to Linux a couple of years ago so any time I wanted to add music to my NWA-3000 I had to use my wife's XP computer.

Anyway - couple of questions. . .

How is the Amarok plug in coming along?

Not sure if you would know this . . . but I can play files from my player in Amarok without problem.

However, the file names are displayed without any meta info (e.g. 10f00 instead of name of the music file).

Any idea how I would get Amarok to display the music file information in a more usable manner?

This application looks interesting.

Can anyone tell me if it works with NW-A3000 ad if I have to format the device?

I just don't want to try using it and risk losing the songs in there.

Thanks

Yes, should work straight off with the NWA-3000

Or at least it did for me without any kind of formatting.

One thing to be aware of though is that after you unplug your player from the computer - while the player goes through the process of building the library - you will get an error pop up and ask you to connect compliant software.

This is nothing to worry about - jut ignore it and it will go away.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm using Debian-Linux for 3 months, and I really like it, but every time I want to transfer music to my Sony NW-E013F music player, I have to use Windows. :sad:

Yesterday I found this topic, then I downloaded JSymphonic, but I can't use it with my player :sad: After I set the path I can see only this:

symphonic_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

And it keep saying : "Loading please wait" but nothing happens :sad:

Any suggestions?

Thank You and sorry for my English!

• 1 month later...

farcus -> the amaroK plugin is under development (we also are developing a Sony Library in C++ to be use in amaroK). It is not ready yet, you'll have to wait some months.

amaroK can't read meta-info from titles from walkman because sony doesn't use ID3tag (like MP3) but EA3 tag (Sony's inside). If someone implement EA3 tag reading ability in amaroK, you could have meta-info... but I don't thing someone is going to do so... anyway, once the amaroK plugin will be ready, you won't need that anymore

fcadete -> yes, it is working. If you don't want to loose your music, you better have making a backup before testing (save the OMGAUDIO folder, and if it is too big, at least save the database files, i.e. all the files/folders in OMGAUDIO expect 10Fxx folders which contain the music files).

You shouldn't have to format... expect if you have the same trouble as Jester_Racer, read next to understand:

Jester_Racer -> one or several titles from your player are not readable by JSymphonic, so it freezes.... (this will be corrected in the next release) you can try to find which titles causes the problem (in OMGAUDIO/10Fxx folders) or you can erase the OMGAUDIO folder and create a new empty one.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded Jsymphonic and it worked mostly for my s705f, except that it was working under a "simple mode", without showing any album covers anymore. The "simple mode" message prompted after I loaded songs to the player and unplugged the cable.

I like this tiny tool, very convenient and so powerful, much better than SS. It's almost time to say goodbye to Windows.

PS: I am having dual booting system, Hardy and XP. Now I am using Hardy 95% of my time.<3

farcus -> the amaroK plugin is under development (we also are developing a Sony Library in C++ to be use in amaroK). It is not ready yet, you'll have to wait some months.

amaroK can't read meta-info from titles from walkman because sony doesn't use ID3tag (like MP3) but EA3 tag (Sony's inside). If someone implement EA3 tag reading ability in amaroK, you could have meta-info... but I don't thing someone is going to do so... anyway, once the amaroK plugin will be ready, you won't need that anymore

fcadete -> yes, it is working. If you don't want to loose your music, you better have making a backup before testing (save the OMGAUDIO folder, and if it is too big, at least save the database files, i.e. all the files/folders in OMGAUDIO expect 10Fxx folders which contain the music files).

You shouldn't have to format... expect if you have the same trouble as Jester_Racer, read next to understand:

Jester_Racer -> one or several titles from your player are not readable by JSymphonic, so it freezes.... (this will be corrected in the next release) you can try to find which titles causes the problem (in OMGAUDIO/10Fxx folders) or you can erase the OMGAUDIO folder and create a new empty one.

Thank You, I really appreciate your help! I erased my OMGAUDIO folder, created a new one, and now it works perfectly! :P

• 4 months later...

Sorry for not responding earlier... I'm not often here...

Don't hesitate to post on the sourceforge forum, or to send me direct e-mail.

heinlich -> the support of covers is our next target for futur release (version 0.3.0 is about to be released and will not support cover). Concerning the simple mode, to not have that, I need to make a lot a reverse-engineering to understand how it work.

I will, but I can't do all that stuffs in the same time. So it's planned, and I hope it will be available soon. But don't expect it within the next weeks !

Jester_Racer -> good for you, but wait until version 0.3.0, it will be better :D (should be released for christmas)

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, a new version has been released on Christmas (v0.3.0a1), please get it from the Sourceforge download page.

The amarok plugin is not ready yet (don't expect it in the following weeks, the developer in charge of it is currently taking a break...)

Files on a Walkman are OMA files (which could wrap WMA, MP3, AAC...), anyway, they have EA3 tag (Sony's Tag) which are not standard. To have better info on amaroK, you should have EA3 tag support on amaroK.... which I think is not planned by amaroK team....

NW-A3000 is supported and you won't have to format anything. But, once you have used JSymphonic, you won't be able to use SonicStage anymore. However, JSymphonic creates a backup of your database, so it shouldn't be difficult to reverse changes.

Jester_Racer, you faced a known bug of version 0.2.1a corrected in version 0.3.0a1.

• 1 month later...

HOLY!!!

I have to say that all u developers are GOD LIKE! Orz...

I worked with my SonicStage for 5 hours but it juz wouldnt work...!! I got the unstable connection error 1000's of times...

But how lucky I was! I found this!! HOLY I almost cried out when I got the MP3 file manager working...

But it still doesnt support search for artists and album even for the lastest version, wut a pitty...

However this is juz a minor problem, I downloaded the Jsymphonic and it has a better interface, but more complex comparing to the MP3 file manager...

I am juz wondering, how can I juz use the file name as the title and the folder name as the album name when importing with JSymphonic? Or is this function supported? I am pretty serious about this problem cuz all my music tags are a big piece of shit...

And another concern, does JSymphonic support file search for artists and album in the player?

And I found another problem, when I was importing music using JSyphonic, some Chinese and Japanese characters would become unrecognized symbols... but they are all fine when importing MP3 file manager.

Anyway, now I have both program in my player, with the MP3filemanager simpler and faster and JSymphonic compatible for more features~ XD

Hope some developers can answer my questions~

Cheers~

• 1 month later...

Just few word to say that a bug is present on version 0.3.0a2 : MP3 files encoded with VBR method just can't be transfered.

To wait version 0.3.0a3 or 0.3.0b (don't know yet what I gonna do), just browse the SVN repository where I regularly build JSymphonic from the last sources. Builds in the repository are numbered with the date. Please note that the bug described here has been corrected in version 20090414 (today...)

how can I juz use the file name as the title and the folder name as the album name

From version 0.3.0a2, this can be done in the preference window, "Transfer" tab, "Tag utilization" field, just select "Never read tags".

In next version, you'll be able to set your own scheme to tell JSymphonic how to guess the artist, album... names.

does JSymphonic support file search for artists and album in the player?

Not sure to understand what you are asking... You can change the "view" of the titles in the device. You can also filter the list to search something precise. Isn't it enough ?

some Chinese and Japanese characters would become unrecognized symbols

Really ? What version of JSymphonic are you using ? This should have been corrected. Well, problem won't occure anymore if you are not reading tags...