Tascam MD350 TOC Problems

Rate this topic

Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can help as I've recently powered up my Tascam MD350 and hit a stumbling block.

The machine appears to function with playback, skipping tracks and reading discs. It even records and edits titles.

The problem is when it comes to any kind of TOC modification or deleting of tracks.

I use the regular and standard procedure for deleting tracks or discs and the display feedbacks all the right information. It leads you into a false sense of security it's so believable, however it doesn't delete the disc or the track requested.

Interestingly enough, I cannot seem to program play or move the order of the contents too.

I've never experienced this before and hoping someone else has and provide some help.

The protection tap isn't the problem, before anyone states the seemingly obvious. It's something related to TOC creation/editing.

Using the front panel controls, i go through all the steps required and confirming by saying "yes". It will say completed, the TOC indicator will be on, but the contents hasn't changed one bit.

I thought ejection and I reinserting a disc following the edits might "wake it up", but this has no effect.

Another interesting thing is that it does allow me to split tracks, but again if i want to erase or move tracks, it doesn't appear to work (despite the display telling me it's performed the requested actions).

I'd genuinely appreciate any help or insight to resolve this.