NEED HELP BADLY for nw-s705

Rate this question

asianmoomoo

Question

ok i just got my s705 (2 gig). REALLY QUICK QUESTIONS

1. what does it mean by "simple mode"? i turned it on and its says that...what are the other modes and how do i change it? what are the differences in mode?

2. MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: i drag and drop pictures into the sonicstage albums, and it still doenst show up on my player! how do i make it show jackets? step by step please! i dont know much about this computer stuff. btw, im trying to input chinese music...so iono does it make a difference on the album art or not. thanks!!!

8 answers to this question

ok i just got my s705 (2 gig). REALLY QUICK QUESTIONS

1. what does it mean by "simple mode"? i turned it on and its says that...what are the other modes and how do i change it? what are the differences in mode?

2. MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: i drag and drop pictures into the sonicstage albums, and it still doenst show up on my player! how do i make it show jackets? step by step please! i dont know much about this computer stuff. btw, im trying to input chinese music...so iono does it make a difference on the album art or not. thanks!!!

Congrats asianmoomoo,

Answer 1.

The NW-S700/S600 and NW-A800 support something call advanced mode. The unit is either in simple mode (by default) or advance mode. These modes are for how the library works when the network Walkman syncs with SonicStage. In advance mode SonicStage will update Intelligent Shuffle (My Favourite Shuffle, Artist Link Shuffle, Time Machine Shuffle) on the NW-S700.

Method A.

Tools --> Options ...

Select Transfer under the Category:

Select ATRAC Audio Device

Transfer Settings ...

Advanced ...

Select the Intelligent Features

Click on the box next to Use Intelligent Feature.

Method B.

Connect the NW-S705 and Start SonicStage

Transfer --> ATRAC Audio Device

Select the tool box icon and follow the same instructions as listed after Transfer Settings in Method A.

Answer 2

There are instructions for this problem on this site. I will send the link unless, someone does it before me.

Congrats asianmoomoo,

Answer 1.

The NW-S700/S600 and NW-A800 support something call advanced mode. The unit is either in simple mode (by default) or advance mode. These modes are for how the library works when the network Walkman syncs with SonicStage. In advance mode SonicStage will update Intelligent Shuffle (My Favourite Shuffle, Artist Link Shuffle, Time Machine Shuffle) on the NW-S700.

Method A.

Tools --> Options ...

Select Transfer under the Category:

Select ATRAC Audio Device

Transfer Settings ...

Advanced ...

Select the Intelligent Features

Click on the box next to Use Intelligent Feature.

Method B.

Connect the NW-S705 and Start SonicStage

Transfer --> ATRAC Audio Device

Select the tool box icon and follow the same instructions as listed after Transfer Settings in Method A.

Answer 2

There are instructions for this problem on this site. I will send the link unless, someone does it before me.

can you please post up the link? i cant seem to find it. thanks!

can you please post up the link? i cant seem to find it. thanks!

Discussion 1:

http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?...c=3358&st=0

Discussion 2 (with image):

http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1924

You can create a compilation in SonicStage.

SonicStage is case sensitive when naming artist, album, and group. Ensure that you are using the same case from the names. With language such as Japanese, Chinese and Korea case sensitives is not a issue (this is obvious). Ensure that the names are written identically.

In discussion 2 you add album art to individual tracks using the same method, but you are required to select compilation on the Album. For compilations only the album name is required to be the same.

SonicStage supports both drag-and-open and import-file method. Drag-and-drop is the easier method but you must be careful.

One final item. Albums and tracks can different album art. If the songs are not part of a compilation album, remove any additional album art from all tracks. This is not required but should be done. Under Cover Art: select Remove.

Any more questions, please ask.

urgh. ok its still isnt working on the album art. ive tried drag and drop, and doing what ppl were saying in the other thread.

ALSO, when i turn on the player, it still says "simple mode". do you know how to turn it to advance mode on the player? thanks.

and this picture issue is pissing me off.

*and what is AVLS?

Edited by asianmoomoo

urgh. ok its still isnt working on the album art. ive tried drag and drop, and doing what ppl were saying in the other thread.

ALSO, when i turn on the player, it still says "simple mode". do you know how to turn it to advance mode on the player? thanks.

and this picture issue is pissing me off.

*and what is AVLS?

What version of SonicStage are you using?

AVLS is a volume limiting system.

Here are more simple instructions. This assumes that you know how to drag-and-drop into SonicStage.

Intro:

SonicStage will not add album art to tracks the ATRAC Audio Device. It is possible to rename albums, and edit tracks. Editing tracks include changing Title, Artist, Album and Genre. Tracks that edited in SonicStage's library, will not be transfered to the ATRAC Audio Device if it already exist. It is recommended that you do a test on one album with about 10 tracks, before you do your entire collection.

Instructions:

Connect the ATRAC Audio Device and start SonicStage in this exact order.

Select Transfer (large blue button) then ATRAC Audio Device.

Note: The thumb nail image from the album is a circle with a hole, while the thumb nail image for a track/song/audio file is a music note. Please ensure that tracks on the ATRAC Audio Device are in SonicStage's library.

Delete any album from the ATRAC Audio Device that does not have a thumb nail album image. If any of these track are not in SonicStage's library, YOU MUST transfer the tracks to SonicStage's library first..

Go to SonicStage's library (labeled My Library).

Select any album by right clicking, this cause a pop-up menu to appear. Select Properties, which is the last item on the list. Under Cover Art, select Remove to remove all cover art for the album. They will be labeled Cover Art(1), Cover Art(2), etc. Remove the check mark from Compilation, which is below Title and Artist. Select OK.

Double Click on the same album. Select the first track by right clicking, this causes a pop-up menu to appear. Select Properties, which is the last item on the list. Under Cover Art, select Remove to remove all cover art for the track. They will be labeled Cover Art(1), Cover Art(2), etc. Remove the check-mark from Tracks in Compilation. Select Next, and repeat for all tracks. When Next can not be select (this will be the last track), select OK. Finally, Select the Up button.

Now add the cover art that you want, by dragging-and-dropping it.

Double check that the album that you have just updated is not on the ATRAC Audio Device. If they are then deleted them from the ATRAC Audio Device.

Now transfer the album that you have just updated. After SonicStage has finished transferring the tracks for that album do not disconnect the ATRAC Audio Device. Now double check that the album art appears for the album in the ATRAC Audio Device while it is still connected to SonicStage.

Final Test:

Disconnect the ATRAC Audio Device, and check that the Album art appears for the album you updated in SonicStage.

For Compilation Albums:

Album are must be dragged and dropped to each individual tracks. Also, compilation must be selected on each track and album. It is recommended that for compilation, that album art be not added using the Properties box, but on the main screen of SonicStage.

Conculsion:

These instructions should resolve what are causing SonicStage not to update information on your NW-S705 or any other ATRAC Audio Device.

SonicStage does nothing if the tracks are on the ATRAC Audio Device.

ok here was the thing. i had a E507 before, and i was using it's sonicstage..the 4.0 one. i figure it was the same as the one that came with the s705. so i didnt install it. so apparantly the 4.1 makes a major difference!

so this whole time i was doing the right thing from the beginning, but its just the wrong version of sonicstage! omg, im dumb. hahahha

but i really appreciate the help shinji!!!

i will let you guys know what i think of this player.

btw: i got this off of woot.com for $49.99 USD. 2 gig, PINK. hahah.

ok here was the thing. i had a E507 before, and i was using it's sonicstage..the 4.0 one. i figure it was the same as the one that came with the s705. so i didnt install it. so apparantly the 4.1 makes a major difference!

so this whole time i was doing the right thing from the beginning, but its just the wrong version of sonicstage! omg, im dumb. hahahha

but i really appreciate the help shinji!!!

i will let you guys know what i think of this player.

btw: i got this off of woot.com for $49.99 USD. 2 gig, PINK. hahah.

OMG??? I thought that meant Open Media Gate :blink: .

The instructions are for SonicStage 4.3.

Please give us a review, with details. A nice long review B) .

so I'm a complete newbie, but you can only do album jackets with SonicStage.. ? What about the Ml_Sony Winamp Plugin.. because that's what I've been using so far, and I haven't even installed SonicStage.. am I going ot have problems trying to get album covers on my NW-S705 with Sonic Stage if the music has been added using Ml_Sony?

Help?! :/