Anyone else have an NW-S205F or compatible?

Rate this question

kurtto

Question

4 answers to this question

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone out there with an NW-S205F or compatible flash player would be willing to send me a zipped directory of everything on the blank device, especially the OMGAUDIO folder: As I've posted earlier, I've formatted my device accidentally. :(

Many Thanks,

Kurt

Hey Kurtto,

Have you tried to initialize the player? to do this:

hold onto the display button to bring up the menu, go to settings, "advanced menu", then "initialize", then "Format" and press okay.

that should rebuild all the necessary folders on the drive.

Hello,

Thanks so much for your reply. I've gone to this menu, formatted, and initialized the player, however the omgaudio folder has not been restored. Not even SonicStage seems to recognize it as a device, to which music can be transferred. Would you be able to send me the files?

Many thanks,

Kurt

Hello,

Thanks so much for your reply. I've gone to this menu, formatted, and initialized the player, however the omgaudio folder has not been restored. Not even SonicStage seems to recognize it as a device, to which music can be transferred. Would you be able to send me the files?

Many thanks,

Kurt

Hey Kurt,

Ok, so I tried the re-initialize thing, and indeed it did wipeout the player complete. There was no OMGAUDIO folder. When I plugged the player in and started up Sonicstage, I get this message:

"Would you like to enable this device for use with the CONNECT music service?"

I then clicked yes

It looked like after I connected the player and opened sonicstage when the OMGAUDIO folder was restored.

Have you tried to use a different USB port to see if windows/sonicstage detects it?

Hello aZnBro85,

I tried what you suggested, but it did not ask me to enable the device. I tried to check the device transfer properties in the preferences menu, but it doesn't show the information when I chick on properties.

Any other suggestions? Currently, I've walked it over to the Sony repair station in my area, as it is under warentee. I informed them that's it's a non-hardware issue, and that it should be able to be remedied somehow, as they should have all the software and such, but if it can't be fixed there, is there something that I can do to stop this from becoming a fancy flashdrive?

Regards,

Kurt