Which Deck To Buy?

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Im looking to buy a MD deck in the near future and I would like some opinions on which one to get. I maninly record stuff from vinyl to take in the car and around campus, but I also want to be able to record concerts with my mz-n707 and transfer them to the computer. The decks that I am priimarly looking at are the MDS-JE470 the MDS-JE780 and the MDS-E10. My only questions are: Is there a way to add a digital out to the 470, how well will the 780 work with 120 volts, does the e10 have scms and is a ir remote available for it? Which one of these will be the best choice for me? Any suggestions or info will be greatly appreciated.

Dentaku

I've heard of people attempting this JE440 mod to their JE470:

http://www.minidisc.org/sony_mdsje440_opti...al_out_mod.html

I'd suggest running the JE780 on it's rated voltage - you wouldn't like to fry your new toy, would you?

The pro decks usually have SCMS control, that is you can set it to ignore or recognise it. I don't know about an IR remote.

You might alternatively want to check out the E12, as I think the E10 lacks MDLP.

• 5 months later...

I've heard of people attempting this JE440 mod to their JE470:

http://www.minidisc.org/sony_mdsje440_opti...al_out_mod.html

I'd suggest running the JE780 on it's rated voltage - you wouldn't like to fry your new toy, would you?

The pro decks usually have SCMS control, that is you can set it to ignore or recognise it. I don't know about an IR remote.

You might alternatively want to check out the E12, as I think the E10 lacks MDLP.

Searching and stumbled upon this post...

edit-> sorry, Mystyler, I was going off because I thought you posted this AFTER I finally proved to you that the MDS-E10 has MDLP (on the T-Board).

Anyway, I use MDLP on my pro deck and love it! (I know, this response is just a LITTLE late!)