sharp mdmt 190 vs sony mzr700pc, which is better,any sugest?

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I know that sharp has better live recordings, and supposedly better sound quality, but this sony model plays much longer 48 hours On AA battery when sharp plays only 30h. on AA and accu. Furthet more sony has better antishock system. If someone of you guys has either of them please let me know what you think about it. And one more question is sharp's bass really that much better than sony's?

Guest Anonymous

one last question about sound quality, now I know I can upgrade this device to dsp R, but what bothers me most isn't the quality of the compresion, but the sound itself. From what I've been able to experience personally sony mzr 700 has poor bass, I noticed it on 2 identical units with tho various sets of headphones. I've heard that sharp is much better in this matter, but unfortunatelly I've never had an opportunity to check it personally. Also Sony has only 2*5mw ampl. when sharp comes with 2*10mw.

Guest Anonymous

I have recently bought that Sharp 190 as my first MD-recorder and I am very happy with it.

Used it to record some popconcerts and (with a good mic) it works very easy.

Sound quality is good, operation is easy (even with the remote), setting recording level works fine (but no backlite): it is accurate and (maybe all recorders will, don't know:) there is lots of dynamics in the recording/compression(atrac3). Even when recording -10db or something, there is still dynamic in the music.

I didn't use any LP or other 'extra-long' formats. Not interested in that.

Considering recording off a PC: it doesn't connect with USB or something bso I record analog and it creates the tracks it self, so no problem there.

CU

WS

Don't believe what people say about Sharp having better sound quality. They probably pick headphones that give better bass so people who like that think it sounds better. Both will be loud enough to damage your hearing with the right headphones. I consider Sony to be more responsible in this department. Buy the Sony.

You can't hack it to Type-R! You can hack it to have an R900's features, but not a newer ATRAC version.

I reckon you should read this MT190 review by Braver:

http://www.minidisct.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=13396

And despite what others say (hello Leland! biggrin.gif ) Sharps do have an edge. If you read over at Head-Fi, you'll see that most agree. And they don't all use W1000s, Braver used cheap (but good) MX400 earbuds!

Buy the Sharp.