2 simple questions...

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

1. Will minidiscs lose quality if you record on them over and over again? In other words, if I record something on a MD, then erase it, then record it again, then erase it, and do this 100 times, will it still sound the same, or will it sound worse like an audio tape would?

2. Are you sure?

1. Will minidiscs lose quality if you record on them over and over again?  In other words, if I record something on a MD, then erase it, then record it again, then erase it, and do this 100 times, will it still sound the same, or will it sound worse like an audio tape would?

2.  Are you sure?

1. There will be no loss as the recording is done digital. I think defect sectors will not be used for recording again. But this is only a guess.

Sony states much higher numbers for recording and erasing.

So I think there is no practical limitation on this.

2. no

Guest Anonymous

1. Will minidiscs lose quality if you record on them over and over again?  In other words, if I record something on a MD, then erase it, then record it again, then erase it, and do this 100 times, will it still sound the same, or will it sound worse like an audio tape would?

2.  Are you sure?

1. They will sound the same.

2. Yes I am.

I've used MD gear for over 4 years now, and the first ever disc I bought (which has seen the most use, since it records all of my band's rehearsals) still plays, records, and plays again with absolutely no difference in quality whatsoever. Now that I think about it, well over 1000 hours of material was written on it in - SP mode, of course - I cannot even imagine how many times TOC area has been updated - so there you go. Try that with tape!

1. Minidiscs don't lose the quality, I can guarantee u with my exprience :wink: (3-4 years now)

2. YES.

I just bought a Sony MDS-JE480 Minidisc deck and the 1st disc I used was the first one I bought 3-4 years ago. That disc used to be in LP2, LP4 and stereo modes. TOC has been updated hundred of times, and I record a CD I bought digitally to MD to see if the deck was working good, and man, I hear the recording on my MZ-R700 and it's CRISP! Sound's amazing. MD's are the way to go :wink: , trust me, and no quality loss!