funky digital conversion from hi-sp to sp :)

Rate this topic

xispe

Hey!

I'm now doing a nice conversion from hi-sp to sp! tongue.gif

My car unit only supports SP, and at work i ripped a cd to my MZ-NH700 recorder in HI-SP...

I was thinking on arriving home connect the hi-md to my computer, download back the Hi-SP tracks to the computer and upload them in "fake SP" to the recorder, but i received that very cool message... "Could not transfer, these files originated from other computer" mad.gif...

The solution:

Using sonicstage to play the files in the Hi-MD player the sound goes digiatally to the computer. Since i have a soundblaster live with an optical output, what i did was connecting my old MZ-R70 to the computer using this optical connection. Conclusion -> i have a digital connection from the MZ-NH700 player to the MZ-R70 :grin: :grin: :cool:

Pressing rec in the MZ-R70 and play on sonic stage, the digital transfer begins. The only problem are track marks... for the first track the recorder put a mark, but for the second it didn't... I'll just add them later :sleep: rolleyes.gif .

:rasp:

By the way... i had on that Hi-MD other tracks encoded in LP2, that originated from MP3s and i had no troubles bringing them back from the disc to the library. This might be because these tracks originated from MP3s...

The tracks that i'm transfering now using this alternative method, originated from wav files of a ripped cd... these guys protect everything mad.gif:sad: