Questions about MXD-D40

Rate this topic

Breepee

I was looking for a high(er) speed MD recorder (don't want Net- or HiMD). There are quite a few types of models out there, but this (MXD-D40) is the only one I seem to be able to get here in the Netherlands (I just found one whole store which sells any CD/MD deck, and it's this one).

Some say it doesn't play CDRW's. Is this true for every and any CDRW out there? Is there absolutely no type of CDRW that can be used in combo with this deck?

Some of my music is on the PC and I want to be able to put that music on MD too, a bit faster than realtime analogue recording. And I don't want to burn CDR's which I won't be using after it's on an MD.

I've made quite a few CD-RW's "For audio use only" (ie. made on a CD recordable deck), and my D40 has never been able to play any of those CD-RW's.

I don't know if computer CD-RW's are any different, or in any case some manufacturers may make easier to read CD-RWs than others, anyway I've read a number of posts claiming that their D40's will play CD-RW's, so maybe so.

If you send me a CD-RW, I'll be happy to try it out on my D40 (I don't have a computer CD burner to make my own)...

Alternatively, if you can get the MXD-D400 (you'll have to look on the net), that plays CD-RWs. Or a modern CD/MD mini or micro hi-fi setup will do it, for example my CMT-M333NT can copy my CD-RW's (along with the CD-Text)...