Network Walkman Display Screen Update

Rate this question

Ishiyoshi

Question

Network Walkman Display Screen Update: Aquarium and Stardust

Update Description from Sony Asia-Pacific:

Applicable Models: NW-E403, NW-E405, NW-E407, NW-E503, NW-E505, NW-E507, NW-A605, NW-A607, NW-A608.

Sony is pleased to provide the Display Screen used exclusively for Network Walkman NW-E403/E405/E407/E503/E505/E507 users. The two Display Screen available for download can be viewed below.

This download is only applicable for Network Walkman with firmware version 2.00. Please confirm the firmware version of Network Walkman NW-E403/E405/E407/E503/E505/E507 before downloading the Display Screen file.

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

Network Walkman Firmware 2.0 Upgrade Program: NW-E403/E405/E407/E503/E505/E507

FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD LINKS: Asia-Pacific | Europe | Japan

The firmware version can be verified from the steps listed below.

Verifying Firmware Version

1. On the Network Walkman, press and hold the SEARCH/MENU button for half a second in Stop mode.
  2. Rotate the Shuttle switch to select Advanced Menu> and press the (PLAY/STOP) button to confirm.
  3. Rotate the Shuttle switch to select Information> and press the (PLAY/STOP) button to confirm.
  4. Rotate the Shuttle switch to select "4:". This is the firmware version of the Network Walkman.
<HR noShade SIZE=1>

Network Walkman Stardust Display Screen Download Procedure

1. Create a folder NW_DS in C: drive to store the downloaded file.
  2. Save the downloaded file (stardust.nwm) or (aquarium.nwm) in this folder.
  3. When the download is completed, use Windows Explorer to browse to the folder where the file is saved. Click View and click Details.
*If the file size is the same as the download size of 28.2 KB (stardust.nwm) or 39.5 KB (aquarium.nwm), the download is successful. If the size is different, please delete the file and download it again.

aquarium.jpg

Filename: aquarium.nwm

Download size: 39.5 KB

--> download here

stardust.jpg

Filename: stardust.nwm

Download size: 28.2 KB

--> download here

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

Network Walkman Display Screen Installation Procedure

Once the download is completed, please follow the steps below to configure the Display Screen on the Network Walkman.

1. Connect the Network Walkman to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
  2. From the computer desktop, select My Computer -> Removable Disc(E:). The drive letter (E:) varies depending on the computer environment.
  3. Select File -> New -> Folder from Menu and create a folder named NWWM-SCR on the Network Walkman.

- Please ensure that the folder name is only one-byte character.

- If NWWM-SCR folder has already been created, it is not necessary to create another folder.

4. Open NW-DS folder created when downloading the Display Screen file.
  5. Select the choice of the Display Screen File and select Edit ->Copy fromMenu.
  6. Open the folder NWWM-SCR created at Step 3. Select Edit -> Paste fromMenu to copy the Display Screen file into this folder.

- Please copy only one Display Screen file to the NWWM-SCR folder.

- If a Display Screen file already exists in NWWM-SCR folder, please copy out the existing Display Screen file to the computer.

7. Disconnect the Network Walkman from the computer.
  8. On the Network Walkman, press and hold the SEARCH/MENU button for half a second in Stop mode.
  9. Rotate the Shuttle switch to select Display Screen> and press the (PLAY/STOP) button to confirm.
  10. Rotate the Shuttle switch to select either Aquarium or Stardust and press the (PLAY/STOP) button to confirm.

- Note that only one Display Screen that is copied into NWWM-SCR folder can be viewed each time.

- Please ensure that only one Display Screen is selected.

11. The configuration of the Display Screen is now completed.
Note: If the Network Walkman is initialized (formatted), all contents including the created NWWM-SCR folder and the copied Display Screen file are erased. Please save the files onto the hard drive of the computer first before initializing (formatting).

37 answers to this question

Update: One of our members, Leon, discovered additional display screen at SONYmatome. Awesome find! Thanks, Leon!

Allo... found a bunch of E40x/50x screen savers. Thought some of you might be interested.

--> SONYmatome

Found it via so-mo.net - the webmaster made a nice one of the W. logo and "like no other", I don't think he made it public though, bummer.

How can I make .nwm files/animations?

I can't wait to upgrade and put some of these on my 507. Thank you!!!

According to SONYmatome, you will need to construct your own .hel files and then use the provided compiler (courtesy of SONYmatome) to create the necessary .nwm files.

As for .hel files, you will need to use MONOmation studio FS v1.0.6. The software is free and you can obtain it [here] if interested.

Have fun.

According to SONYmatome, you will need to construct your own .hel files and then use the provided compiler (courtesy of SONYmatome) to create the necessary .nwm files.

As for .hel files, you will need to use MONOmation studio FS v1.0.6. The software is free and you can obtain it [here] if interested.

Have fun.

Are there any english written programs to do this? I'd really like to create my own but have no grasp of any other language other than english ):

Also the Aquarium and Stardust screens are no longer available from that location. Can anyone provide an alternative download location?

Thanks,

Shadowbottle

The files are still able to be downloaded for me..

I'm getting a 403 everytime I try to access it.. even with wget. I am in the united states.. perhaps were blocked (?).

Which is odd because I was able to download the 2.0 firmware for the UK.. but still.. I cannot get access to those .nwm files.

ShadowBottle

Are there any english written programs to do this? I'd really like to create my own but have no grasp of any other language other than english ):

Also the Aquarium and Stardust screens are no longer available from that location. Can anyone provide an alternative download location?

Thanks,

Shadowbottle

The link is fine; my location = Boston, MA.

As for your first query: as far as I know, that is the only software that create animated files for the NW-E40x/50x series.

The link is fine; my location = Boston, MA.

As for your first query: as far as I know, that is the only software that create animated files for the NW-E40x/50x series.

Yeah I got to them.. for some reason I must be blocked behind work firewall.. I was able to get to them after tunneling home first.

I wish I could find an eng translated version of that software.

Thanks for all the help!

ShadowBottle

I have tested and can confirm that these nwm files work on my NW-608, (it's the SI version but I don't think that would make a difference) so you could probably update the thread subject to note support on NW-A60*

That`s Good News !!! :ol_biggrin::ol_biggrin:

Enjoy Music ON your NEW A608SI

Hi, Misterobotique!

Thank you very much for the download link of the screens!

Very good one!

By the way, I downloaded them and, if someone have tryed to do it, I think you also noticed that one of the pictures don't work.

When I click the picture it opens other page and no download in it.

I'm having some problem viewing this site, because almost all the caracters are like this "??????????????????????????????????????"...

I'm using firefox 1.6 and it's in english.

That's why I don't know what to do to search for this screen by myself.

The screen I'm talking about is the pendulum, which is the better one in my opinion :)

If someone could help me I'd apreciate a lot!

My mail is spyrocha@yahoo.com.br

And excuse my bad english. I'm from Brazil...

Thanks for the atention!

tungah,

Welcome to "Atraclife"

To solve your ?????? problem .Either use Windows explorer 6(Win Xp ) It will automatically display prompt to install the japanese language pack to display the characters correctly or If you don`t understand Japanese then

Click Here Screens

Then Click On"Storage warehouse"

so we can take out he old exisiting one and replace with a new one :D?

Please read the installation instruction I have outlined in the first post of this thread. If a Display Screen file already exists within the NWWM-SCR folder, delete it accordingly and replace it with whatever new .nwm you wish to apply.

Hello

I'm new and I'm just wondering if these cool screen animations work on the NW-SXXX series?

I just brought one and I was wondering if anyone test it yet.

I want to know the same =) I tried the procedures for the rest of the players but that doesnt seem to work. I have the nw-s706b, any ideas on this ?

Welcome to ATRACLife!

Unfortunately, these display screens are only applicable to the following models: NW-E403, NW-E405, NW-E407, NW-E503, NW-E505, NW-E507, NW-A605, NW-A607, NW-A608.

i know that is onlo for those nw´s tha you said before, but just fo sure, isn´t somenthig like that for the nw-e00*, or can´t the one that´s being used for those nw´s be convert for use with the nw-e00*?

thank´s