Questions on MZ-NH1

Rate this topic

the jepster

Your questions are alot more than yes-or-no answers and need some qualifying since everyone's ear/setup/needs are different - You should have a look around the Live Recording forum - basically all of those questions are answered there.

The stock battery lasts quite a while btw - much longer than I anticipated. Mine, after a day of off/on use for playing then a recorded 3 hour rehearsal, then an hour or so of playback and editing, it only dropped about a quarter of the battery meter. From what I've read here the meter is pretty accurate. Mine went back to full charge in 5min! I'm pleased thus far.

Check out the recording section though - WEALTH of knowledege and very helpful pplz.

Cheers.

MZ NH1 is my first experience of using minidisc in live recording and, so far, I'm very pleased. No battery problems, though all recordings have been 2 - 3 hours at most.

Originally bought the ECM 909A mic, good but the hiss level on quieter passages made it less than ideal. Now use the ATR25, designed for video recording, only £25 in UK, but so far has proved ideal.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for the responses. And, for placing my post in the appropriate location. NH1 battery life is encouraging. My primary application is recording live music, ranging from large, open air festivals to smaller clubs. Certain events are real marathons, i.e., 8 hours. Therefore, I ordered a second battery and will attend with both fully charged. I look forward to experimenting with different mikes to find optimal set-up for each environment.