SonicStage 2.0 Wouldn't Allow Me to Upload Anything!

Rate this topic

Black_Shoulder

Hi,

I am new to this discussion forum and I have some questions using the Sonic Stage software.

I was recently given a Sony MZ-NHF800 Hi-MD player as a gift. On a regular MD discs I have a few tracks that were recorded segments from a radio show. My friend works there and has his segments recorded onto MD discs. I tried using the Sonic Stage 2.0 program to upload the tracks from the HI-MD player onto the computer, but each time, the transfer stops half way and says there is an error.

As I am completely new to the world of MD and Hi-MD players, I am completely lost. Can someone help me?

I have also heard that even if I can transfer the files onto the computer, it would be next to impossible to burn those onto a CD. Is there a way? (These are my friend's own segments; there exists no copyright issues, I don't think)

Thanks a lot!

Only tracks recorded in Hi-MD formats (PCM, Hi-SP, Hi-LP) can be uploaded. If they were recorded on a NetMD or previous recorder (SP, LP, LP2, LP4), they can't be uploaded.

The only way to get tracks recorded before Hi-MD to the computer is to record them in realtime, and then you can do what you want with them.

It's all here:

http://forums.minidisc.org/viewtopic.php?t=7073

Also take a look at the other Sticky notes at the top of this forum.

Hi-MD tracks recorded via mic are now virtually free for you to burn, etc.: upload them via Soundstage and then use Sony's wav. converter or MarcNet's HiMDRender to turn them into .wav files. If they were recorded via line-in, then use HiMDRender.

It's all here:

http://forums.minidisc.org/viewtopic.php?p=32073

By the way, upgrade to SonicStage 2.3, it's a big improvement over anything previous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...