Sonicstage 2.3 Help...please

Rate this topic

emperors_hand

Hope this is the right forum.

I recently bought a sony product that came with sonicstage 2.3 and am having a complete mare getting it to work.

I'm running windows XP SP2 and it just will not run.

The window opens but it remains black with the menu bar flashing and nothing useable.

I've managed to get into the program by running it in compatibility mode for Windows 2000, but even then it's buggy as hell.

I can't add more than a few folders to the library at a time without it crashing and even going a folder at a time it crashes to desktop or freezes every 5 or 10 minutes.

I mean it's useable as is and i've managed to library about half my mp3s and transfer about half of those over to the walkman. It's just slow as hell and I have to sit nannying it through everything cos it can;t cope with bulk transfers without crashing.

Any help you guys could give would be most welcome. This seems about the most knowledgeble place on the web sonicstage wise.

Much thanks.

Cheers guys.

I've checked out the patch but it's installed automatically as part of SP2 so was a no go.

I am running the newest DX. DX 9c I believe.

The skinning thing is definately worth a try.

I run windowsblinds so my desktop is heavily skinned. I'll set up a second user account with no skins and see how that goes.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.