Minidisc Blank Media

Rate this topic

Tiesto

I have this silly question: is there a significant difference (in terms of recording/playing quality) among  the brand or type of the disc (Color MD, gold MD, bianca MD, etc.). Thanx in advance.

No, I don't think there is a difference in sound quality - however, there is, I think, a difference in build quality.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this silly question: is there a significant difference (in terms of recording/playing quality) among  the brand or type of the disc (Color MD, gold MD, bianca MD, etc.). Thanx in advance.

NO. ABSOLUTLEY NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER.

Digital = Digital = Digital.

However, there is a difference in build quality between discs. Try to stay away from ultra-cheap no-name brands. There have been some horror stories where inferior shutters have broken off while the disc is still inside the unit, forcing the owner to become immensley frustrated at having to send their MD unit in for repairs...

The same can also be said for CDs. I recall atrain having a similar problem with ultra-cheap CD-Rs. For some reason, the discs were not perfectly circular, and caused all kinds of havoc when spun at high-speed in a CD-Burner.