M-crew On Xp (multiple Users)

Rate this topic

bures

Hello,

I've encountered a problem when trying to use M-Crew software (version 2.01E) on WinXP with multiple users. It works only for the user who installed it, it can't be run by other users - I install it as an Admin and it don't run for the other user accounts (even with Admin rights). Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks, Zbynek

Only having a single XP account on my PC, and only ever used M-Crew that way, I'll go out and say that it is probably a Windows problem and nothing to do with M-Crew itself. May sound like a dumb answer to your question, but I don't recall any DRM in the M-Crew software which leads me to think the above...?

will it work open in the 1admin if you 'start'+'l' [softlogout] into another user?

or will it accept another install for the secondary user?

occams razor would suggest just using the acct that it works on.

Hello,

I've encountered a problem when trying to use M-Crew software (version 2.01E) on WinXP with multiple users. It works only for the user who installed it, it can't be run by other users - I install it as an Admin and it don't run for the other user accounts (even with Admin rights). Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks, Zbynek

Try making the other users "power users".

Well, why use M-Crew?

You make it sound as if there are alternatives...!

Sorry, the news doesn't look good. Here's what the Sony Hi-Fi Net webpage on the HAR-D-1000 has to say:

Notice)

When you use "M-crew" for windows XP, please do not change "USER".

...I don't know what that means, it sounds as if it has been bablefished from Japanese.

It looks as if, M-Crew is designed only to be used with the user account that the program was installed in...