You can install Connect, manually!

Rate this topic

spex

I don't see the option either. No conversion, and no transfer options either (I don't know if that appears only when you have a compatible player connected).

Thanx .I think this makes the software more worse

Has anyone tried installing the Connect Player and then installed SS 3.3 AFTER? My theory is that the connect player we are dowloading doesn't include the personal audio driver, since it is only an upgrade patch.

Maybe by installing SS after Connect Player, then the CP will recognise the Personal Audio Driver and recognise the old devices. Or maybe a registry setting needs to be changed to recognise the old devices.

I think we would have a more definitive answer if someone who has bought the retail version of the walkman can test whether their retail version recognises the old devices.

Has anyone tried installing the Connect Player and then installed SS 3.3 AFTER? My theory is that the connect player we are dowloading doesn't include the personal audio driver, since it is only an upgrade patch.

Maybe by installing SS after Connect Player, then the CP will recognise the Personal Audio Driver and recognise the old devices. Or maybe a registry setting needs to be changed to recognise the old devices.

I think we would have a more definitive answer if someone who has bought the retail version of the walkman can test whether their retail version recognises the old devices.

Although possible, SimonGrafftey has already tried hooking up his Connect player up to his HD5 and his connect player came with his NW-A3000

I have tried Connect Player with my HD5, but it does not recognise it. I haven't tried an earlier device, but I assume the result would be the same.

I don't think the upgrade would allow older devices to connect, so my guess is that the next version of connect player might. as for the registry idea, always plausible, but then i think the compatibility needs to be built directly into the program programming.

Hi,

Im having trouble getting Connect to launch. I've installed as you have suggested below, but when i click on the Configset.exe nothing happens?

What is it supposed to do?

When i try to launch connect it hangs at the opening purple dialog box.

cheers

INSTALLATION

Ok, here's how I got it to work. Before that though, BACKUP THE SS LIBRARY just in case!

1. download and run from

Automatic software update

I got Sonicstage ???????????????????????????? when I did.

2. the easy way: if you have WinRAR/Winzip installed right click on the file and select to extract somewhere. Then skip to step 4. If not, here's the hard way:

go to C:\Documents and Settings\%PROFILE NAME%\Local Settings\Temp and search for the folder that contains the files extracted from the archive. This is a hidden folder so you have to enable the option from Tools->Folder Options->View->Show Hidden... Copy this folder (%FOLDER NAME%) anywhere else.

3. go to %FOLDER NAME%\files.

4. Run ConfigSet.exe

5. Right Click on CONNECT Player Language Pack.msi and select install

6. Right Click on CONNECT Player.msi and follow the installation instructions. That's it!

Hey, you must like the NW 3000 very much. I actually think the design is very sexy, but I heard it has poor software. Since you have it, how do you assess it. could you please tell what are its advantages over other mp3 players and maybe even iPods?

Thanks

Odd when i did the install, I don't recall installing the ConfigSet.exe, I first clicked the CONNECT Player Language Pack.msi and then CONNECT Player.msi, and it installed fine, added the update and it's all good.

Hey, you must like the NW 3000 very much. I actually think the design is very sexy, but I heard it has poor software.  Since you have it, how do you assess it.  could you please tell what are its advantages over other mp3 players and maybe even iPods?

Thanks

U must look here for more information on this ..

NW-A3000 + Connect Player Impressions

• 4 weeks later...

INSTALLATION

Ok, here's how I got it to work. Before that though, BACKUP THE SS LIBRARY just in case!

1. download and run from

Automatic software update

I got Sonicstage ???????????????????????????? when I did.

2. the easy way: if you have WinRAR/Winzip installed right click on the file and select to extract somewhere. Then skip to step 4. If not, here's the hard way:

go to C:\Documents and Settings\%PROFILE NAME%\Local Settings\Temp and search for the folder that contains the files extracted from the archive. This is a hidden folder so you have to enable the option from Tools->Folder Options->View->Show Hidden... Copy this folder (%FOLDER NAME%) anywhere else.

3. go to %FOLDER NAME%\files.

4. Run ConfigSet.exe

5. Right Click on CONNECT Player Language Pack.msi and select install

6. Right Click on CONNECT Player.msi and follow the installation instructions. That's it!

New to the forum.. got this NWA3000 as a gift and haven't managed to run it in the last four days!! yes, that's right four days. I have tried the manul method but nothing happens when I run the configset.exe.. HELP please.

New to the forum.. got this NWA3000 as a gift and haven't managed to run it in the last four days!! yes, that's right four days. I have tried the manul method but nothing happens when I run the configset.exe.. HELP please.

Welcome to "Atraclife".

Haven`t you tried to install Connect from Cd & If Connect does `t work then install

Sonic Stage ver3.3

from"Atrac forum Downloads

Sonic Stage ver3.3(full version )

*No need for an additional Internet connection;