Md And Podcasts

Rate this topic

MinidiscMoFo

I am having problems getting some podcasts onto MD. Sonicstage won't recognize or import the podcast MP3 file. I click to import the file and it doesn't appear. Should SS recognize a podcast MP3 file? Could it be that this particular podcast file has some type of property rights management to it? The file is from a talk radio show which charges an annual fee to access archived shows. I am a subscriber, but maybe the host has puts some kind of rights management into his podcast files so it can't be easily distributed. I currently record shows in real time streaming audio on my MD recorder. What a pain. mad.gif It would be so nice to convert it to ATRAC and put it on my MZ-NH900 via USB.

I did some searching on the forums here and found toxigenicpoem's Ipodder2SonicStage program (IP2SS). I'm not very technical and I didn't understand his explanation of the application. Has anyone used the program? Would it allow me to convert or transfer the podcast file to my Hi-Md recorder?

It appears from other posts that SS should be able to recognize any podcast MP3 and convert is rather easily.

Thanks for the help.

I don't think you can embed protection or digital rights management in MP3s.

I think it's more likely that the files are encoded in a very low bit rate. If it is below 48kpbs (I guess, don't have the actual specs right now) Sonic Stage will not convert to a higher bitrate.

The solution was transfer them to the HiMD as NetMD. This way, the files will necessarily be converted to Atrac, and you will be able to listen to them.

The solution was transfer them to the HiMD as NetMD. This way, the files will necessarily be converted to Atrac, and you will be able to listen to them.

he has got a NH900, 1st gen Hi-MD which can't play MP3's as MP3's so that should not make a difference... the best thing to do is to convert the MP3 to a higher bitrate MP3 or to wav and then import into SS