Opinion about Koss Phone...

Rate this topic

yelsew

To start, sorry my english.... i'm brazilian... biggrin.gif

Well, i'm a happy owner of a Sony MZ-R70, and i love it. But i have a problem with the phones.... i need more volume!!! tongue.gif

So, searching, i find this phone KOSS The Plug, and it seems to be very good. It's a good acquisition???

Here, some specifications....

earbuds : Pequenos adaptadores que encaixam dentro do ouvido confortavelmente.

- Resposta de Frequência (Frequency Respost) 10-20,000 Hz

- Cord Straight, Dual Entry, 4ft

- Plug 3.5 mm/6.4 mm

- Impedância (Impedance): 16 ohms

- Sensibilidade (Sensibility) 112 dB SPL/1mW

- Distorção (Distortion) <0.3%

Again, sorry my english... dry.gif

Since now, Thanks!

No, no, and another no. Not unless you like your music bassy and flabby with nothing else.

If you want KOSS phones, look for any of the clip-ons, traditional over the head, behind the neck with impedance rating of 60-ohms (traditionally called the 60-ohm series). They range in price from $20-$50 (or, in other words, the cheapest of these go for the same price as the plugs), and are quite worth the money. Some of these include the Koss KSC-75, 35, and the venerable PortaPro line.

I tried the Koss Plugs and hated them immediately. Horrid squidgy earplug things, that don't work anyway - dont fit, no isolation and sound horrible. I also tried the 'mod' mentioned on head-fi, but that was no good either. Some granny who bought them at the charity shop that got them may be enjoying them now though...