Sharp Auvi SD-MX1

Rate this topic

betamaxDATminidisc

Hi all,

Sharp Ltd. announced today that a new DVD/CD/MD component equipped with one bit digital amplifier of 5.6MHz drive "Auvi SD-MX1 (Oubi)" will be on the market, August 26, 2005. The expected retail price will be approximately 65,000 yen.

However, the MD module of this unit only corresspond to MDLP; and it's not Hi-MD enabled.

user posted image

user posted image

Check it out the news (language japanese):

AV Watch

Sharp website

Wow, that is quite an ugly piece!  I can't imagine how Sharp's styling went from the NX10-era to this nasty piece of gear :bleh:

The only good thing I can say about this unit is at least Sharp is staying in the game --and hopefully might actually produce a Hi-MD unit in the future.

With the DVD player included it might also be possible to conviently rip DVD soundtracks to MD as well which could be a nice feature.

I really can't believe how ugly the unit is however --or am I just getting too old.

If I were to get one of these I'd do some serious carpentry again and build it into a nice looking "Classical" antique furniture cabinet. tongue.gif

Seriously SHARP execs --you've got a chance here to leapfrog Sony --but you need to get a bit of "class" in the design and marketing dept. -- How about employing some of those snazzy Italian designers who make things like the Ferrari look so stunning (not that I could ever afford one).

Cheers

-K

Edited by 1kyle