enduromon

Question

• Answers 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Hi Stuge/Anyone....knows when this will be available in India...?

atleast w series ??

Is dandruff version the only option ?? (name courtesy Juli :) )

this cnet review says it is plastic, is that so ?

http://www.cnet.com.au/mp3players/mp3playe...39294759,00.htm

I hate the way they say "lack of application store..." etc

I don't know the material but this is what I know from that french review: "For a first, I must admit that the object is quite successful with a beautiful metallic finish and a rather rectangular design with the use of a rough area on the sides of the device."

Doesn't answer your question much though..

The whole review can be read here: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...ny-nwz-x1000%2F

Hi all

Thanks to C.Mil for the HongKong link. A detailed specification there - with some interesting extra details !! Firstly - did we know for sure there was FM radio?? The spec says Yes! (I must have missed that) After all our worries re battery life - we are looking at 33 hrs (9 hrs video!! Not bad at all!!)

The browser stuff interests me a lot - what is "Internet Browser*11" ??? Or "Netfront Browser for Walkman" ??? Anyone any ideas??

It's getting nearer folks!!! Come on the "DANDRUFF PLAYER" !!! LOL ( copyright Juli !!)

Regards.

Thanks C.Mil for the link :)

Hey, Shirley, those specs are not shabby at all. 9 hours for video is incredible, the Touch is about 4 hours, so that's a huge leap.

Oh, I love it when the little details start appearing :)

I'll go post the link on Head-Fi now, see if anyone can figure out more about the internet browser thingy.

And yeah, we knew it had radio, but actually, I'd forgotten until you mentioned it again, ha ha.

Guest Stuge

So is it confirmed this x-series doesn't have bluetooth built in? Will the DM Port Walkman dongle work with it?

Well,Bluetooth option will be nice ,but right now quality is just ok .

where? :unsure:

Am I missing something here ?

Oh, I didn't think to put it for sale here! I would have done on Atraclife.

I just didn't think to put it here because I didn't even know there was a For Sale forum :huh:

If there is, where is it??

dura: It's not so much that I'm an optimist (although I am!!) - it's just that my music collection has outgrown 16GB, so I'm forever deleting stuff to put new stuff on. And I know that the ZX will sound good before I even have it in my grubby little hands :lol:

Hi all.

Been looking again at the HongKong specification which C.Mil linked to earlier. I thought the Browser part had said (under Wifi) "Internet Browser 11"

But I think the "11" should have been in smaller font ............. and in fact is referring to "footnote 11" at the bottom. And disappointingly ( though maybe not surprising !) that note says "device not able to show flash nor download".

I was fully expecting the "no download" - but rather disappointed in the "not show flash" comment??!! And - not just disappointed - but rather baffled?? Supposed to be able to see Youtube videos ??? But arent those "flash videos" anyway?? What exactly does "device not able to show flash contents" really mean??

Are we into similar territory as with my Archos 605 player?? Some content on some sites is viewable - some isnt. Depends on the encoding ie which version of Adobe has been used??

It's all rather baffling at the moment - the wait is killing me - just hope the browser part of the "dandruff" isnt as "crippled" as I fear it might be!!!

Regards.

Hey Shirley, the iPoop Touch can't show flash content either, it has nothing to do with videos. I can watch youtube videos or any other video on it. I think (can't be sure) that certain sites don't display in the correct format without flash content.

I brazenly copied this from the link below :rolleyes:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8963192

It's COMMON knowledge that Flash is not supported in the Apple iPod touch or iPhone.

Flash is an Adobe product - not Apple. Apple can't just magically make a product by another company.

It doesn't say anywhere in the iPod touch specifications that it will support Flash. However, it does say everything that it does support.

that's a biggie, because without that you can't watch much of the content from the internet

Flash is not the internet. Flash is just one of many third-party proprietary plugins which some sites use. It is not a standard part of the internet, nor part of any Internet standards which the iPod touch supports.

There are plenty of standards-based ways to view video and audio on the internet. If individual web-sites choose to use proprietary technologies, then complain to them, not Apple.

Hey Shirley, the iPoop Touch can't show flash content either, it has nothing to do with videos. I can watch youtube videos or any other video on it. I think (can't be sure) that certain sites don't display in the correct format without flash content.

I brazenly copied this from the link below :rolleyes:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8963192

It's COMMON knowledge that Flash is not supported in the Apple iPod touch or iPhone.

Flash is an Adobe product - not Apple. Apple can't just magically make a product by another company.

It doesn't say anywhere in the iPod touch specifications that it will support Flash. However, it does say everything that it does support.

that's a biggie, because without that you can't watch much of the content from the internet

Flash is not the internet. Flash is just one of many third-party proprietary plugins which some sites use. It is not a standard part of the internet, nor part of any Internet standards which the iPod touch supports.

There are plenty of standards-based ways to view video and audio on the internet. If individual web-sites choose to use proprietary technologies, then complain to them, not Apple.

So don't worry about the Sony not supporting it either. I haven't yet found a problem with the lack of Flash content.

Hi all.

Been looking again at the HongKong specification which C.Mil linked to earlier. I thought the Browser part had said (under Wifi) "Internet Browser 11"

But I think the "11" should have been in smaller font ............. and in fact is referring to "footnote 11" at the bottom. And disappointingly ( though maybe not surprising !) that note says "device not able to show flash nor download".

I was fully expecting the "no download" - but rather disappointed in the "not show flash" comment??!! And - not just disappointed - but rather baffled?? Supposed to be able to see Youtube videos ??? But arent those "flash videos" anyway?? What exactly does "device not able to show flash contents" really mean??

Are we into similar territory as with my Archos 605 player?? Some content on some sites is viewable - some isnt. Depends on the encoding ie which version of Adobe has been used??

It's all rather baffling at the moment - the wait is killing me - just hope the browser part of the "dandruff" isnt as "crippled" as I fear it might be!!!

Regards.

The Sony is like the iPod Touch and iPhone when it comes to flash. They can all play Youtube videos, even have an app for it, but not most other videos. Like, say, videos from www.thedailyshow.com for example.

EDIT: dammit Juli you're quick :)

The Sony is like the iPod Touch and iPhone when it comes to flash. They can all play Youtube videos, even have an app for it, but not most other videos. Like, say, videos from www.thedailyshow.com for example.

Kafkef, I can watch video clips from BBC and ITN on the Touch, is that format different to youtube video?

Kafkef, I can watch video clips from BBC and ITN on the Touch, is that format different to youtube video?

Looking at the videos at BBC and ITN from my computer I see they are flash videos but in MP4 format and I know Youtube uses FLV format. Could be that the Touch can only show a specific format(s), I'm not 100% sure on that.

This might help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Video

Hi kafkef,

good to know that material is nice ....!!

SonyEricsson is including sony's media go software with their phones beginning with w995, wud that be the case with x walkman ??

I doubt it. The specifications page says this is all it includes:

CD-ROM ("Windows Media Player 11", "Media Manager for Walkman", "Content Transfer", "Operation Guide"), Headphones, Ear Buds (S/M/L), Quick Start Guide, USB Cable, Attachment, Audio Input Cable, Plug Adaptor for In-flight Use (single/dual)

So most likely no Media Go software.

EDIT: I just found out there will be a 32GB version of the Cowon S9 released sometime this month. I'm seriously considering buying one of those instead of the Sony as it is far more superior in battery life (55h) and has bluetooth, flash, 16 million colour AMOLED screen, etc. Pretty much everything I wish the Sony had.

EDIT: I just found out there will be a 32GB version of the Cowon S9 released sometime this month. I'm seriously considering buying one of those instead of the Sony as it is far more superior in battery life (55h) and has bluetooth, flash, 16 million colour AMOLED screen, etc. Pretty much everything I wish the Sony had.

I'm still thinking about the Cowon D2+ 16GB+32GB card = 48GB. FLAC-support mean lossless lots of albums (I estimate about 150), great batterylife..

BUT.....the reports about cowon SQ are generally less positive then those of Sony, complains about small soundstage and cold sound with not enough bass, especially into low impedance phones, like my beloved 16 ohms Sennheiser IE, so I'll probably wait for the first reports about the new Sony.

Hi all

I just had a look at the Cowon - very nice looking piece of kit - but (unless I'm wrong) I think it just plays music and vids?? No browser?

Back to the "dandruff" !! Looked even more closely at the Spec on the HK link. Under "interface" it says WM-port and then Hi-speed usb - I'm reading that to mean just physically the same/single wm dock port on the bottom ( NOT a mini usb as well ??)

More intriguingly .............. under supplied accessories we have " usb cable " ( which I'm seeing as the same wm plug one end and standard usb other - exactly same as 800/810/820/630 series - so i've got several spares!!) BUT then it says "attachment" (WHAT????) but then "audio input cable"!!! What exactly is that??? Anyone got any ideas??

This wait is killing me - someone please get hold of one of these and post a review soon!!

Regards.

I just had a look at the Cowon - very nice looking piece of kit - but (unless I'm wrong) I think it just plays music and vids?? No browser?

Yeah, you're right. It doesn't have a browser but I have one in my phone so it's not a problem for me. Also the phone isn't limited to Wifi networks for browsing.

Crappy news :(

From the Amazon.co.uk site:"This item is due to be released on May 10, 2009."

I was just about to write about this. You beat me to it :) again.

It's more and more likely that I will get the Cowon instead :/ It's supposedly being released on monday. Don't know if it's true though.

I was really looking forward to the Sony.

I was just about to write about this. You beat me to it :) again.

Ha ha, sorrreeeeeee! I just happened to check Amazon for an update and saw that crappy news!

Now I'm wondering if that's a firm release date, since it doesn't say it's 'estimated' to be released then, but who knows?

It's more and more likely that I will get the Cowon instead :/ It's supposedly being released on monday.

Don't know if it's true though.

I was really looking forward to the Sony.

You don't want to hold out for the Sony? I know it's another 2 months away, wow, that's AGES!! But we've managed to kill a couple of months already gossiping about the tiniest details, I'm sure we can pass another couple of months in the same way, ha ha. No, seriously, I don't blame you for getting the Cowon. If it's released on Monday, at least you can get it immediately and not have to wait around for the Sony.

Guest Stuge

Crappy news :(

From the Amazon.co.uk site:"This item is due to be released on May 10, 2009."

OMFG !

That is the crappiest news you have ever posted here :P

So ,I will get this here by August or something :( .Well ,patience is the key ,but it seems key is lost somewhere now :lol: :lol:

Ha ha, sorrreeeeeee! I just happened to check Amazon for an update and saw that crappy news!

Now I'm wondering if that's a firm release date, since it doesn't say it's 'estimated' to be released then, but who knows?

You don't want to hold out for the Sony? I know it's another 2 months away, wow, that's AGES!! But we've managed to kill a couple of months already gossiping about the tiniest details, I'm sure we can pass another couple of months in the same way, ha ha. No, seriously, I don't blame you for getting the Cowon. If it's released on Monday, at least you can get it immediately and not have to wait around for the Sony.

I don't know.. I guess I'll buy whichever comes out first. What's most important for me is sound quality and battery life and both the Walkman and the S9 pass my criteria.

May 10th is a disaster for me. There is huge pressure on my savings, they may be gone by May 10th. Advanced MP3 players have me driven crazy with their special offers on the Cowon D2 at the moment, no bluetooth though which is a problem for me. ......

P.S.......I know the dandruff has no bluetooth either but I have the adaptor thingy, I presume it will connect to the WM port (like my 818).

I think it is still likely the Sony might come faster; Amazon probably got a on/or before date form Sony.

Keep up the faith...and eh, those buying Cowons, can we get a review with comparisons to the Sony SQ of current players?

As much as I know the SQ of the two are both very good. I'll try to find a review.

EDIT: Here's what I found after a quick Google search:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39405

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/cowon-d2...reviews-374879/

Bottom line is they're both really good and it depends on your preferences which one you choose.

Guest Stuge

:lol: :lol: :lol:I KNOW!! You can rely on me to post all the crappiest news

Sure :lol:;);)

Hmm, what - August 2009 :P

who know's .I'm talking about Sony India in this instance ,they can even launch products ,after it has been discontinued everywhere else :lol: .So,2010 seems very safe with Sony India

As much as I know the SQ of the two are both very good. I'll try to find a review.

EDIT: Here's what I found after a quick Google search:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39405

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/cowon-d2...reviews-374879/

Bottom line is they're both really good and it depends on your preferences which one you choose.

Thank you for taking the trouble; I saw those before, but what I would like to hear is the opinion of someone here, the inner circle of Sony SQ worshippers :rolleyes: .

Thank you for taking the trouble; I saw those before, but what I would like to hear is the opinion of someone here, the inner circle of

Sony SQ worshippers :rolleyes: .

Ha ha, worshippers = fanatics/weirdos/geeks/obsessives/addicts.

Hi, my name's Juli. And I'm a self-confessed worshipper at the cheesy foot of the Sony SQ temple :lol: